Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not in a hurry to buy, but I always keep looking. Just got a quote from a dealer for a 2010 R6, he asked for $10117 OTD and he said its the best offer. I am pretty sure he marked up the price quite a bit, but I want to know around what price range for a new R6 should be (before tax). I've seen it $7400 back in November.

·
Premium Member
6,439 Posts
Where do you live? Some depends on your area.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I was just in a shop yesterday and they were pushing out new 09's for $7,999. Not sure how that measures out to other markets, but it seemed like a descent price. Not sure though?! Lol

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
shop around some more or maybe look for a used one? seen some 09's going for 7k

got mine for 8.5k OTD few months back

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shop around some more or maybe look for a used one? seen some 09's going for 7k

got mine for 8.5k OTD few months back
Yeah, that's the price I am looking for. I don't really like the color of the 09's. I am not in a hurry to buy so I can wait until the price drop to my price range. So comes in another question. When should be a good time to buy in a year?

·
I pee in the shower.
696 Posts
Yeah, that's the price I am looking for. I don't really like the color of the 09's. I am not in a hurry to buy so I can wait until the price drop to my price range. So comes in another question. When should be a good time to buy in a year?
Probably the past few months. Come summer, everyone starts looking. Look for a nice used one. I got my '07 from an older lady who hardly ever rode it. 6 grand. Didn't have a speck of dust on the damn bike. Always kept inside the house. :toocool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool tip, I will starting looking around November then, hope they have the same Thanksgiving deal like last year. Plus I will keep an eye on the used market. I can stick with my SV for now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
This is what you should do, keep trying to talk down the price, the imaginary price of $8000 out the door. Sooner or later, they gonna ask you, thats not gonna work and give you their imaginary price, then u deny it few times. Sooner or later hes going to ask you what will take you to buy that bike, you then name a resonable price such as $9500 out the door with helmet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for tip, I told them to contact me when they can lower to my price range. I am sure if the bike sit there long enough, they will come back to me and make a deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts