Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure some of us have been in my shoes , due to family and financial difficulties , back in 2010 i had to give it up . Sold my beloved Repsol 1000RR .

In my early 40s now , family thought I was going through some midlife crisis when I brought home a 16 R6

I'm not sure if because I haven't been on for 10yrs , when I took it for spin , The machine and I weren't connecting . Front end felt very twitchy and sharp sometimes . One time going 35mph on decel , I lean back to put pressure off the bar , front end had minor wobble . Maybe due to uneven road . For 5yrs old bike having original tires and front had about 30% , rear had 45% thread left . I already ordered new set of rubber for now , and maybe even invest in a damper in future . Overall , I love the bike and very grateful to be back in 2 wheels . Cheers

Question . I looked into lot of factory pictures of r6 cockpit area and could not find it .
Currently both forks are above triple clamp at the 2nd line , is that normal ( factory setting for 2016 ) ?

·
326 Posts
Welcome back. After you get new tires on, get your suspension sorted for you. Better investment than a damper and typically solves the problems that a damper hides.

Reactions: 8Ball

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,176 Posts
Set up your suspension using the Suspension Set-up 101 thread in the suspension section of the forum.
The stock fork height on your year bike would have been set at the first line. Having it on the second line isn’t radical, but will make it a tad quicker steering. And it might be a bit much for you if you are used to a CBR1000, which is a stable truck comparatively. I’d suggest raising it up to the next line and set up your sag, and damping settings to a base line and go from there. Do all that before thinking about a steering damper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once I get tires in , I'll definitely look Into getting suspension setup for me . Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Local shop was charging 25 each to mount and balance if I bring the wheels . Got the new power 5 installed today . I can't wait till compare these against pp2ct I fell in love 10years ago . Next stop is getting my suspension dialed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts