Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got bored at work over the past few weeks and decided to change some of the stuff on my bike sence i had the extra parts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
sooo whatd you change?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
changed the black lowers to white to match the other white and shaved the hole on the under tail

·
Registered
115 Posts
i think it looks good and the fact that some one had to ask what you changed shows that the color choice could have been stock. which i think is awesome. nice bike

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
I like the white. It looks more racy. I would continue the champions stripe though. But that is it. Looks nice.

·
Jet noise in the morning
578 Posts
^^^yeah at least keep the scheme going

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
to fill the hole i used a piece of plastic and formed it a little to have to same shape as the bottom line and then cut it to fit then i plastic welded it into place and covered the black side with fusor glue its real strong stuff

how did you shave the hole. im interested in doing the same on my bike.
i had the stripe go all the way onto my black loswers when i had it i just need to order it and ill put them on

I like the white. It looks more racy. I would continue the champions stripe though. But that is it. Looks nice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the lower. I wonder what it would look like if it were yellow? Anyhow, nicely done.
i thought about doing the lowers yellow but that yellow is a very expensive color so maybe this winter ill see

thanks for all the positive feedback

·
2007 R6
1,016 Posts
Do you have rear blinkers??? I want to mount my plate up underneath also but I need to find a place for the blinkers. How did you mount your plate? Thanks for any info you are able to give.

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
i plastic welded it into place and covered the black side with fusor glue its real strong stuff
thats what i wanted to know. didnt know what you used as a filler. and the glue is from lord fusor right. we use that stuff at school. i go to uti in the collision program. also did you paint it as well or did you take it to someone. cuz you did really clean work. props to you

·
I love hot dogs.
144 Posts
ya i agree get that stripe on there and that will look wicked

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats what i wanted to know. didnt know what you used as a filler. and the glue is from lord fusor right. we use that stuff at school. i go to uti in the collision program. also did you paint it as well or did you take it to someone. cuz you did really clean work. props to you
for filler i just used a little bit of a light filler not to much and yeah i did all the work myself paint and everything. if your going to do it grind the whole ared like 1/4 of an inch around the area on the out side and inside and then plastice weld and glue. then i used bondo on the out side to get the shape the rest of the way then primer sand and then went on to painting it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you have rear blinkers??? I want to mount my plate up underneath also but I need to find a place for the blinkers. How did you mount your plate? Thanks for any info you are able to give.
yeah i have blinkers i have the CA intergrated tail light and the plate is held on by the 2 black push pins on the bottom under the tail you can see them when you look and they are the perfect space apart from eachother and they wont fall off i have had this set up for over a year now with no problems

1 - 18 of 18 Posts