Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on my way to school, and was getting onto the on-ramp for the highway. Two vehicles coming from the other direction had the right of way, so I yielded and let them on first. I was accelerating and was catching up to the truck in front of me (about 45 mph). Then, for no reason I could see, the van in front of the truck slammed on his brakes and came to a complete stop (mind you, this in on an on-ramp to a freakin' highway). Luckily I saw the van's brake light, so slowed down as soon as I could. But I was going so quickly I couldn't stop before the truck. I hit him probably about 15mph right in the bumper, and almost fell over. Luckily his truck was lifted, and it only broke my windscreen:

If the hit was any lower, I'd be paying for a new fairing/headlight. I'm sure a lot of you think it was nothing (especially those that have actually laid their bikes down), but wow was I pissed at that van. This is why I need to remember license plate numbers. And now I'm no longer putting off buying those frame-sliders! :jacked

·
Registered
90 Posts
glad you're ok, and thats a simple fix....

be careful. :D

·
Deep Thinker
927 Posts
Same thing happened to me yesterday but we were going 25 mph so I was able to stop plenty fast. You're lucky you came out with such little damage.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
damn you gave that van a yamaha enema:fact
glad your alive

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Don't blame it on the van dude - maybe it was his/her fault, maybe not, but you may have had more luck avoiding that by increasing following distance. My personal rule when it comes to these things is to adjust my driving rather than blame the people I can't change.
Glad you came out of it ok, glad you didn't actually lay her down, and glad you learned from it with minimal consequence. Ride on!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Glad to hear you came out with minimal damage dood, btw...have you taken the MSF course?:confused:

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
at least its only a $50 accident, could've been a lot worse. glad everythings ok though

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
glad to hear your alright and that she only came out with that little damage and not missing her entire side. and ya dont hesitate on those frame sliders next time u wont be so lucky....

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
your supposed to be :drink:drink:drink:drink:drink:drink:jump:jump:jump:jacked
haha yeah i guess your right :lmao

one more day of vacation and then back to normal life........

but thats cool with me, i would much rather be riding than partying, its been fun though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear you came out with minimal damage dood, btw...have you taken the MSF course?:confused:
Yeah, like 4 or so years ago. I haven't had this particular bike for but a couple months, but I've been riding about 6 years.

And I know it wasn't completely the van's fault, but man, what he did made no sense. The guy in truck just looked back at me and shrugged. No damage to him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts