Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well most of my mods are done. I need to drop it off at the dyno place and get a full step tune on it, but I don't have 600 bucks right now, so that can wait. These were taken at streets of willow on friday. The one is of me and my friend who was helping hit the apex's a bit better. I started the day doing about 1:42/lap and got down to 1:36's on my own, then with his help got down to steady 1:30's. A WSMC rider was there turning 1:19's all day on an R1. Anyway... one to the pics.

Attachments

·
Do Work!
1,005 Posts
nice pics. didn't know it was that much to dyno...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that standard tune is only 300, which is about right, but a full step tune where they hit every single rpm range and load condition is 600. Its about 5 hours on the dyno to do. A normal dyno run is just WOT, tune the a/f ratio there, and just kinda guess in between.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That first pic is tight, sounds like you had an awesome day, especially if you knocked 12 seconds off your lap times. What kind of tires are you using for the track?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use pilot race takeoffs. The right side gets torn up huge from the racers at big willow but the left side is always good to go. The tire guy puts the tires on backwards and I have an almost brand new tire for right hand tracks.

Appreciate the comment too, but I was having a hell of a time getting comfortable again doing right hand corners. I think my right knee touched down maybe once that whole day, where as going left it was knee to the ground instantly and the corner was awesome. I could probably shave another second or two off if I can get comfortable going right again.

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
The first two pics are nice you've got good form.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
looks like fun, nice pics.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
thats sick man...wish i had somethin like that close!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts