Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For using the bike lane to pass other cars......was sitting in stop n go traffic for a good 7-8 minutes and was no where near the stoplight that was causing all the traffic. So I decided to use the bike lane (which ive seen numerous bikers do) but when i got the the intersection bam....cop was there waiting. I knew it was illegal.

Anyone know what kind of fine im looking at here in California? I've only been riding for about 1 1/2 years. This is my first ticket in like 16 years.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Speaking from expierence my advise would be to contact the prosecuting attourney, explain your situation, and ask him if he will offer you a deal so that you dont have to go to court. Other than that I doubt there is any way to beat the ticket so your best bet is to make as good a deal as you can. If hes is a hard a$$ and wont offer a deal then you might want to try going to court and explaining that you were going slow, you looked for other bikes, you were being extreamly carefull and that you have no tickets and you are sorry and wont do it again and maybe just maybe the judge will be lenient.

·
Registered
238 Posts
no sure if it is considered a reckless driving offense or not, but a friend of mine rode the center line between a line of cars at about 10 miles an hour and a cop got him for reckless driving with 6 point and almost $600 fine. This was at mrytle beach bikers week and the traffic was crazy and it was at stand still, he didn't do anything reckless beside the fact he was riding in between the cars. Either way he got the business...

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
congrats! ohhhh i mean :nono sorry to hear about that dude...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Nice kill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts