Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why it would matter as I cant ride right now, but I cant wait to get these cut.

:YEA

What to buy next?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
block off plates. :D
There ya go. Solicit to someone that has no clue what those are for. :eek:)

Very new to riding. Actually...I think i have about 20 minutes of experience. But....block off plates DO sound way cool. I already own a Sham-WOW and a Snuggie which are way cool too.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
:laugh I like this guy.

So those little skull thingies are attached to keys?

Next you should do the free mods.. after you take pictures.

Remove the reflectors, Replace the stock turn signals, delete the rear fender, get a windscreen, take off your passenger pegs.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
You won't need them until you change your exhaust.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
You won't need them until you change your exhaust.

I threw 'em on my bike while changing the plugs just for good measure... and I have no plans for changing the stock exhaust any time soon. :fact

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Remove the reflectors, Replace the stock turn signals, delete the rear fender, get a windscreen, take off your passenger pegs.
I bought it with flush mounts and rear fender i believe. The rear tail light is the brake and turn signals. Def wanna get a new windscreen....does that come with the block off plates?

Here is an alternate view..

·
12,482 Posts
Translation:
They look butt-ugly. :nono

There ya go. Solicit to someone that has no clue what those are for. :eek:)

Very new to riding. Actually...I think i have about 20 minutes of experience. But....block off plates DO sound way cool. I already own a Sham-WOW and a Snuggie which are way cool too.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I bought it with flush mounts and rear fender i believe. The rear tail light is the brake and turn signals. Def wanna get a new windscreen....does that come with the block off plates?

Here is an alternate view..
Sweeeeeet. You've got flushies and an integrated tail light. Excellent. Pick up a double-bubble windscreen (clear, light smoke, dark smoke or blacked out-- your choice) from anywhere, or get one used for much cheaper.

Blockoff plates are a whole different deal, and they're not really necessary unless you have a fuel management system (Power Commander or Bazzaz) and a dyno tune (or auto-tune module).. I just threw mine on there because it gives you more room to change the plugs and they're CHEAP.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blockoff plates are a whole different deal, and they're not really necessary unless you have a fuel management system (Power Commander or Bazzaz) and a dyno tune (or auto-tune module).. I just threw mine on there because it gives you more room to change the plugs and they're CHEAP.
Hmmmmm.....Well if you get Billy Mays to pitch the it to me...Im pretty sure Ill go for it. Oh wait....

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Hmmmmm.....Well if you get Billy Mays to pitch the it to me...Im pretty sure Ill go for it. Oh wait....
He's dead, isn't he?

Either way, Oxyclean is the bomb. :hehe

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts

:lmao

me too. thick skin AND a quick wit - right outta the gate.

block offs aren't NEEDED, but they're cheap, and only offer improvements in your bike. no downside. no performance gain, only beneficial for tuning, and decreasing deceleration popping.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:lmao

me too. thick skin AND a quick wit - right outta the gate.

block offs aren't NEEDED, but they're cheap, and only offer improvements in your bike. no downside. no performance gain, only beneficial for tuning, and decreasing deceleration popping.
Is tuning something that should be done when you buy a bike? and is tuning really neccissary if you have yet to grow the balls to go above 30mph?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Not sure actually. The are rock solid (found that out by dropping one. Not intentially). I dont think they are plastic. Possibly used rubbers?
So are hair ties :fact :lmao
Is tuning something that should be done when you buy a bike? and is tuning really neccissary if you have yet to grow the balls to go above 30mph?
A tune is not necessary in your case. Just focus on learning how to ride your bike and learning how to spell. :poke

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Not sure actually. The are rock solid (found that out by dropping one. Not intentially). I dont think they are plastic. Possibly used rubbers?
Do they taste like shit? :poke:

Umm... no. but get some sliders. Lots of them. http://www.t-rex-racing.com/

So are hair ties :fact :lmao

A tune is not necessary in your case. Just focus on learning how to ride your bike and learning how to spell. :poke
:fact

1 - 20 of 21 Posts