Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my HR1 riot pipe installed over the weekend and I love it! Sounds badass from idle up to redline...I got all black pipe and I really love the way the short pipe looks on my red r6s

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
do you have a sound clip?

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
been kinda busy lately but ill try to get some pics/sound clip posted...Im not sure if they make them for r6's before '03...give them a call or email them, they have great customer service and respond quickly

·
kiwi rider
315 Posts
pics please

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
i would think that the riot pipe would be a lil too much (decibal wise) on the ears with the "s" since there isnt as much sound baffling before that. isnt it just like running an open header pretty much?

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
It just clamps on the header pipe. Easy install. They have a video on their website to show you how to do it.
It is loud though. Really really loud. I love it. Guys on bikes hear me coming and let me pass. it's great.

·
Newb Racer
2 Posts
I have a 07 R6s and got sick of looking at the stock 5-1/4" monster muffler. some guy at the Dealer said I could cut it in half, so I did and ended up with half a muffler that was essentially a straight pipe with a baffle in it. so I scrapped it and made me my own exhaust. Its pretty much a straight pipe and is loud. I am worried that running the bike with a straight exhaust will damage the engine. the only creditable issue that has been brought to my attention is the suck-back when you turn the bike off, if the exhaust cant warm up the ambient air it can warp you valves. I don't know how true it is but someone said you can lose your low end by taking some back pressure off the engine. I would assume a power commander and fuel mixture remapping would solve this thought. sorry for the long post, I have not noticed a change in my bike other than the noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It just clamps on the header pipe. Easy install. They have a video on their website to show you how to do it.
It is loud though. Really really loud. I love it. Guys on bikes hear me coming and let me pass. it's great.
so its not going to be all wobbly if i just clamp it on rather than mounting it like the stock r6 pipe? even though I cant because my exhaust mount is on the rear peg..

·
What traffic?
68 Posts
so its not going to be all wobbly if i just clamp it on rather than mounting it like the stock r6 pipe? even though I cant because my exhaust mount is on the rear peg..
They do recommend that you check it after a ride to make sure it's still tight. I've had it on a month now maybe and still no issues or wobble. i check it every now and then but haven't had it come lose once.

·
Registered
81 Posts
heres a few pics...no sound clips yet..what does everyone have the setting set to? mine is in the middle right now...what are the pros/cons of the different setting?

·
Dan the man
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive got it closed on mine...wanted to keep the back pressure as close to stock as possible...easy install check out the video on their website and mine is very snug-put threadlock on all the bolts-ill try and get some sound clips up...check out youtube but I was in the same situation as some of you guys and I just went for it...u wont be disappointed...not as loud as straight headers, believe me, I couldnt ride around my neighborhood with straight headers without making my brain bleed...the HR1 has a throaty sound like straight headers but it is more refined and not as brain destructive...if ur thinking about getting one then i would just get it :YEA

·
Registered
81 Posts
definitly...i found one used in my area for 200 bucks...i have messed around with the settings on it...with it closed its not extremely loud...it sounds normal but is way to queit for me...i have mine completely open...:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Completely Open too...

·
Registered
28 Posts
so i just got an 2007 r6s and i want a nice looking and sounding pipe. Im loving this one!!! but i dont like the stubby look=/. HOOOWWWEEEVVVEER on the site i saw this picture.

can i have that look...this is the only pic i have seen with the exhaust sittin like that and didnt wanna spend 500 for a look i dislike ya know.

If it costs more...like for more pipe or somethin i dunno like how much would it be? Also anywhere i can find a used one?

sorry if i sound like an idiot...im new to bikes and this will be my first exhaust and i dont wanna put my money twards something i dont like

1 - 20 of 26 Posts