Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out on the back roads today, cruising along. Hit my favorite straight away, and roll on the throttle. Crest the hill at the end at about 120 and BAM there's a trooper pulling a deer carcass out of the road. He jumps out in the road and points to the shoulder. I pull over (thankfully he wasn't in his car and couldn't see how fast I was actually going...

Played the respectful kid who made a big mistake, he takes my license and registration and comes back with a 70 in a 55 when I was really doing 120 in a 45.

I'm pretty sure he hooked it up because I'm a police recruit and a 911 dispatcher. Gotta go talk to the d.a. And get it dropped to 9 over.

Definatley went a hell of a lot better than it could have.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
I would have kept going. But then again that is why I don't ride on the street anymore.

I used to do crap like that all the time. A cop would be standing next to his car pointing at me and the side of the road. I wouldn't even slow down. I would just look over and wave bye bye. It was when I realized that I had nothing to fear about the law that I became scared of the road. I quit riding the streets soon after that.

If I were you, I would work on not riding like that on public roads. I was very lucky to not have been hurt, or killed. Not to mention never getting caught. Save that stuff for the track. I only ride on the street now when I'm doing work on friends bikes. You can bet your sweet ass I'm playing by the rules too. I'm scared as hell on the street. Not so much at the track though.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Yea you lucked out... If the cop wasn't in his car I would have kept going.. If he came after I would have stopped right away... Sorry officer I didn't see the signal your talking about...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Good the cop went sorta easy on you. Like you said, could've been worse.

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Not to start a cop debate, But first, I prolly wouldn't have stopped depending on the situation. Was he close to his car etc. But, he has no way to tell how fast you were going. I would have refused to ticket on the spot, but this one can easily be thrown out of court.

·
12,482 Posts
Ok... I'll say it.

You're an idiot.

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
I got let off today. Came off a stoplight hard in my hemi ram... getting plenty of tire, as I was stopping for the next light saw him come up on me.... flipped his lights on when it changed green. I told him I was getting into my music and he told me to stop being stupid around corners and let me go.

·
candy red
7,505 Posts
no kidding... you're suppose to ride that sportbike like its a Honda Shadow 250...
that "sportbike" can ruin someones life preaty fast. he could of hurt himself or worse, another person. thats why many people invest in a 1piece and take it to the track. I dont know the op that well but i do recall him wanting to be a LEO, I dont know the rules but this could have hurt him in the long run.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that "sportbike" can ruin someones life preaty fast. he could of hurt himself or worse, another person. thats why many people invest in a 1piece and take it to the track. I dont know the op that well but i do recall him wanting to be a LEO, I dont know the rules but this could have hurt him in the long run.
I do have a one piece (was wearing it) and I do take it to the track. I just got the itch to hit it today and am headed to court to pay my dues... I don't speed in places where other people can get hurt. Only back roads with no driveways or intersections, just connector roads.

I'm going to be a LEO, I've already signed an offer and start in the next few weeks. As long as I don't commit a felony the offer can't be revoked.

Not trying to be start an e-fight, just the facts. Everybody gets on it every once in a while... I just got caught, everybody also gets caught every once in a while.

·
You wanna touch my what?
1,307 Posts
I do have a one piece (was wearing it) and I do take it to the track. I just got the itch to hit it today and am headed to court to pay my dues... I don't speed in places where other people can get hurt. Only back roads with no driveways or intersections, just connector roads.

I'm going to be a LEO, I've already signed an offer and start in the next few weeks. As long as I don't commit a felony the offer can't be revoked.

Not trying to be start an e-fight, just the facts. Everybody gets on it every once in a while... I just got caught, everybody also gets caught every once in a while.
Not actually true. DUI (without injury) in most states is a misdemeanor that can result in the loss of your license. Can't drive with no license. Can't drive-can't be cop.

Domestic Violence has a misdemeanor section in most states. A conviction means no gun ownership for 10 years from the date of conviction. No gun, can't be cop.

You get into a beef with your lady, she files for a temporary restraining order. It gets approved (as temporary ones always due before the hearing) and you can't own a gun. No gun, no cop...

Sounds like you learned your lesson. Given the bad news you thought you were getting at the beginning of the week, it would be a shame to see a thoughtless moment have longstanding repercussions.

Some may say if you can't control the itch to do 120 in a 45 on your bike, how you gonna control it in a patrol car?

How you gonna control the itch to thump some dude that pops off at you?

How serious can you be about public service when you can't hold yourself to that same standard? These aren't my questions, but food for thought.

·
her name is Megan Fox
2,583 Posts
I'm pretty sure he hooked it up because I'm a police recruit and a 911 dispatcher. Gotta go talk to the d.a. And get it dropped to 9 over.

Definatley went a hell of a lot better than it could have.
how are you going to get it reduced? because your in the system?

·
my R6 tickles me.
465 Posts
that "sportbike" can ruin someones life preaty fast. He could of hurt himself or worse, another person. Thats why many people invest in a 1piece and take it to the track. I dont know the op that well but i do recall him wanting to be a leo, i dont know the rules but this could have hurt him in the long run.
stfu

1 - 20 of 29 Posts