Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out yesterday enjoying some great california weather and the turns of highway 58. i was riding at a decent pace when i noticed a guy on a harley behind me. i was impressed as he was riding really good and stayed right on my tail. i stayed in front of him for a few turns but he finally got me on a long left hand sweeper. i was kind of embarrassed and it was at that moment i decided next time i'm going to leave the mountain bike at home and take out the six.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
lol it happens

this one time i got passed by a scooter on a straight no canyons though just a regular city street he was ass hauling!! :eek5

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Spend ALL the monies!
1,853 Posts

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yeah i saw that in the 'all harley' motorcyclist mag a couple months back. looks pretty sweet. i guess they have a lot of issues with ground clearance though. i hear they're constantly dragging hard parts in the turns. and i don't think i'd want to race eslick, he might bump me off track :laugh
Still though, those guys is rippin.....regardless of the name on the tank.

·
The dude abides.
129 Posts
My buddy was riding Mulholland on his BMW F800 and was behind a guy on a 150cc scooter who was DRAGGING FAIRINGS around corners...my buddy has been riding for 10 years and is pretty darn fast, but had a hard time keeping up with this scooter. Eventually, they both pulled off to stop at The Rock Store, and my buddy approached the guy to ask him about the scooter and mostly just tell him that he was impressed...offered to buy him a beer because he was impressed by his skills. Love these stories...

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
My buddy was riding Mulholland on his BMW F800 and was behind a guy on a 150cc scooter who was DRAGGING FAIRINGS around corners...my buddy has been riding for 10 years and is pretty darn fast, but had a hard time keeping up with this scooter. Eventually, they both pulled off to stop at The Rock Store, and my buddy approached the guy to ask him about the scooter and mostly just tell him that he was impressed...offered to buy him a beer because he was impressed by his skills. Love these stories...

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still though, those guys is rippin.....regardless of the name on the tank.
:yes :fact

Don't let Rex fool you... the mountain bike only gives him a semi-legitimate excuse... his 6 wouldn't have helped HIM... :poke

:cheers <--- Zima's
:lmao i'm not the fastest guy out there but i'm no slouch. :fact

1 - 20 of 41 Posts