Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't have one, get one. What up everybody? Recently installed a PCIII on my 04 killar6 with an M4 high mount. I am using the m4 slipon map from the power commander website and all I can say is WOW. It made a huge difference, and I'm pretty sure it's not all in my head (I think). But seriously, all of the claimed benefits have shown themselves; increased throttle response, smoother power band, and much more efficient fuel delivery. I can now putt around in first gear, the jumpiness has been removed. Also, I need to install a damper yesterday. I am experiencing more headshake than ever, which leads me to believe that my front end is floating more than ever. When under hard acceleration I sometimes experience mild headshake through 3rd gear, whereas before the installation I was only pulling hard enough to float the front end through 2nd gear. The bike feels totally different. I felt like I should make this thread to get others who were entertaining the idea to go ahead and grab a pciii, you won't regret it. I wish I had installed one earlier. Oh well, just a FYI for you all. I know most of the board members here have a PCIII already, but for those who don't you should look into it, it is well worth the money. I know this sounds like a commercial, but I am really this pleased with the little boost my bike has received for Xmas. I would like to hear other's thoughts on the subject even though this has probably been discussed before. Happy HOlidays to everyone. :cheers :jump

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Just got my PCIII, K&N, V-Stacks. Best mods I've ever done aftet the Jardine slip-on, wait those are my only mods, nevermind. I now get NASTY headshake all the way through third gear. Throttle response is AWESOME and it pulls hard past 14k.

PM CreePer. He will make you a hell of a deal on any or all of that stuff. Handled the transaction very well. Made up for parts being backordered by upgrading shipping and finding a Map that fit all my mods. Mention me if talk with him.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I take headshake and tankslappers and turn them into history :hammer

Yeah, i still fight it without a damper,i might get one someday.

To stay on topic.....YES PC's make a hella difference.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
lildog548 said:
what cheap mods can you do to an 04 r6 for more power
i would say your best bet is a 520 conversion and do the 15/50 sprocket combo, or better yet get some track days. seems like everyone wants more power. everyone should want more technique/skill on how to use the R6 to its maximum potential, but then again that is just me, thats what i want.

·
Registered
267 Posts
What's the deal with the PCIII? Is the controller the same for all make/model of bikes? just different connectors? or not. is the only difference the map you put in it? does it even come with any maps or do you have to get them from the web? do they cost to get from the web? do you have to dyno the bike afterwards? I ask b/c i've got an itch to scratch and the PCIII may satisfy my urges..........temporarily :mrgreen:
please hook it up with some advice/experience/$0.02/$0.10 or whatever. i'd hate to spend the green and not get something out of it (thinking of getting steering damper as well). keep in mind my bike will probably never hit the track. and yes, i do have a slip-on, Devil OVO.
:flame

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
R6RoadWarrior said:
What's the deal with the PCIII? Is the controller the same for all make/model of bikes? just different connectors? or not. is the only difference the map you put in it? does it even come with any maps or do you have to get them from the web? do they cost to get from the web? do you have to dyno the bike afterwards? I ask b/c i've got an itch to scratch and the PCIII may satisfy my urges..........temporarily :mrgreen:
please hook it up with some advice/experience/$0.02/$0.10 or whatever. i'd hate to spend the green and not get something out of it (thinking of getting steering damper as well). keep in mind my bike will probably never hit the track. and yes, i do have a slip-on, Devil OVO.
Yes, the PCIII's are all the same, it just the connectors and maps that are different.

If your on the street all the time the extra bit of power and MUCH improved throttle response makes it ALOT more fun and easyto ride on the street, and I'm sure the track too, I just haven't had a chance to go.

If your going to do this might as well get a K&N and velocity stacks. The maps on the Interent are free, at least everywhere I have looked. And most work well enough, the one for my mods works GREAT. Once I do a couple more mods then I'll cough up to $250 for a custom map.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
z31maniac,
youve got the pcIII and no damper? but it doesnt mess the bike up right?
i want both but im gonna get the pcIII first. it still rides pretty well then?
no side effects? other than head shake of course. but head shake wont
have any negative effects like excesive tire wear or whatever?

Manoah

·
Registered
267 Posts
thanks for the input, z31manic. I'm about 85% closer to making the purchase b/c hammy "made me an offer i can't refuse" :hump

and i'm thinking of adding a GPR stabilizer to the mix. where do you go to get maps for the PCIII? i've got the devil OVO slip-on so does that matter?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
like Rossi said...its ok to have 5 more hp, or 10mph more down the stright, but if you don't have tires you are fucked.

Adding power upgrade doesn't prove your a better rider. You may be faster down the stright, but onces you hit the corners. Its a whole other world

·
Registered
267 Posts
naw, madchild. its nothing like that. i like having zero points on my license and one less reason for the insurance companies to :hump me. i got the can last year for sound, not HP. now, i'm just looking to complete the R6 potential. just b/c you've got the HP doesn't mean you have to use it. oh, that and i have a healthy fear of death.

ps tell rossi i ride on Diablos :twisted:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.