Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a ticket today wasn't too bad though. I was exiting off a road onto another one that went from 50mph to 35. right when i saw him i looked down and say i was still going 50 oh well. i get to the green light by the time he pulls out and i make the left because no lights are on yet. I make the left and see hes right behind me look in my useless MV mirrors and see the lights go on. i keep riding and point to the right so i can pull of the road and he nods and i do so. I get off my bike and tell him i know i know thinking im about to get a plate ticket for it not being as visible as it should. He says you were moving a little fast there. i give him my license registration and insurance and tell him i have my ccw but no gun on me he said ok i will be right back. I say nice bmw i never knew we had them here in michigan only had heard of them out in LA. He says yes only two in michigan are in our department. I ask to take a pic he says no problem(got the idea from a few people that got pulled over on bikes) comes back gives me a 40 in a 35 and says come to court we will take care of it i am not allowed to get legal advice but ill see you before court or the prosecutor will and you should get off with just a fine and no points since you have a clean record.

I dont run and it was a city street with a lot of traffic i rather pull over and take whats coming. Only time i might not pull over is when im going so fast on the highway i dont even know the cop was making an attempt. So dont try to talk crap for not running guys. anyways here are the pics sorry for the long post and run on sentences.

Attachments

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
Glad he was decent about it. One of my buddies drives a new cop harley up here. I give you props for not running, it would just create more drama for you around a town like that. Besides a lot of cops will tell you they will take it easy just because you stopped for them.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
you got off easy.good deal

·
Motorcycle Drive By
791 Posts
Good for not running... I'm not looking forward to my first run in with the police in my hometown.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yup so far both times have gone well last year on the r1 i got a 50 in a 45 and it turned out fine and this one will be fine. They have respect for you when you pull over and act civilized.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hard to believe we have those bmw's in michigan..but then i seen you live near bloomfield...just cruised through there the other day b/c im thinkin bout getting a smart car....what a nice place...huge houses, nice cars... if anywhere could afford it it would be them.lol.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya lmao i lived in west bloomfield my whole life but just moved to orchard lake pretty much still west bloomfield we share a zip code.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol no idea i want to say 150-160 at the rear wheel for stock but i could be off by a few. my friend has 196 ;)

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
even if its not a cheap ticket a slap on the wrist and maybe 500 bucks is better then 1-5 and losing a liquor license, ccw and other things.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol my palm centro phone. usually works good but those pics came out really well. You guys cant call me A-rab lol.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here in Oregon the police in Corvallis have 2 BMW's, not sure which ones but the sport touring bikes there pretty massive too. Just passed a Harley cop in Lebanon not too long ago too. Yeah from my experience I pull over as quick as I can if theres a cop behind me, after an intersection I looked down and my speedo said 69 in a 45, was really 61 since I dont have a speedohealer yet, but let off the throttle, looked up and there was a police car sitting at the next street, he pulled out and I knew I was busted so I completely let off the throttle and signaled to get over and then he hit his lights. I shut off the bike and got off took my helmet and gloves off and he said he clocked me at 61 in the 45 and said it was a $160 ticket, he radioed in my license on his walkie and I came back clean, he said I was very respectful for pulling over so fast and that I knew I was in the wrong and just let me off with a warning, I was freaking out since a ticket means no more bike for me since insurence will kill me, then I realized I got a really really nice cop, one of the few around here. He was a sargent or something since he said the officers he has out here would of written me a ticket. He told me just keep it down and ride safe, I thanked him and he told me have a nice day and shook my hand, never had that happen in my experiences with police, nice guy.

·
Banned
2,722 Posts
I would have run...fcuck tha poooolice!

T1

·
Registered
122 Posts
:dunce:radio = faster than any bike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts