Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got screwed out of $151.00 for a kegerator conversion kit.
The guy ended up selling the kit to 3 guys, and screwed some other guy on something else. He cashed my M/O on the 10th and won't respond to any of my calls or emails, same with other guys.
I have a cell phone # and his mailing address.
He has been suspended from ebay, and i mailed ebay about the matter, but their response makes me confused on what to do.
As far as i know, what he did is mail fraud and is a federal offense.

Anyone else been screwed and have any info or suggestions on what i can/should do?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sorry to hear that! :flame Is he in your same state? If not, then i don't see any cops being able to get involved. Nor could you take him to small claims court. All you can do is file a claim with Ebay. Which probably won't get your money back. Did the guy have good feedback?

Please post his name here, so others don't do business with him.

-Dj1298

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I don't think that the guy being in another state makes a difference. Redline entere into a contract with this dude and the guy didn't fulfil it. Accodring to the UCC, that is "non-performance of contract" and Redline is entitled to his money back. How he goes about that is another story. I will ask one of my buddies about it since he is an attorney and knows his shit.

Be patient and we'll see what we can do. What we need to do is start a website called www.ebayabusers.com and post scammers on it. I'm sure ebay has a list or something but I doubt you can voice your honest opinion on it other than give the guy a negative feedback (used ebay once).......

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Ok, here is his reply in full. You can ignore the comment about the Yanks game if you want but you can't ignore the Yanks! They win it all this year, ya heard me! Tried to take my father in law to the last game of the season this year and last year and both times, it got rained out (well, yesterday it didn't but we figured it would since it was pissing out all day long). So twice now, this guy has flown in from Calgary to see a game and missed it!

Anyways.... Here's the response........

can certainly being a small claims action for conversion, not sure about
the whole mail fraud thing, but without ever having looked into it, i would
tend to think that it might be considered mail fraud, should report the
seller to the local PD, expecially considering that more than one person
got screwed, and have the second person do the same...

On another note, TV apparently lied to me yesterday when it said that the
Yanks game was tomorrow night. It is actually tomorrow afternoon at 1:00.

So I would report the guy to the local PD and have the other guy do the same as he says. If you can't you can't but I would atleast try.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have never been taken on ebay. I hope you find someway to get your money. I had people that out there just to get your money.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I should have looked him over better before buying. He did have 10 feedback, all good. But after looking, it was all buying, none for selling. Then i also should have noticed that he had gone through 4 user-ID's in the last 5 months or so.
I've just used ebay so many times that I didn't think much of it.

I thought about his local PD and reporting him to them, i think i will do that. If worst comes to worst, he lives about 3 hours away, but it doesnt tame me long when my buddy flies me up there :twisted:

I just want my damn money back so i can get my damn kegerator done :drink I also don't want this jackass to get off with nothing for it.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
file a complaint with ebay. i believe there is a $25 fee to get your money back. another thing i think you have to wait either 60 or 90 days after the auction end date to file. then you will have to file a complaint with ebay. i have done the ebay thing and got screwed once. i got my money minus shipping and the $25 fee. better than nothing.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Man, this is why I love this site... yes, you guys are family. Man, wow, this is great.

Sorry about the Ebay thing... tell the cops, tell EBay, then tell your friend to fly you up there and beat his scronny little @$$. GOOD LUCK!!! :hammer :cuss :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-Solace

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got screwed on eBay for £140.00 it took about 2 months but i did recover some loss they took £15.00 admin costs. I had to send all my details via the post to UTAR in the US (don't know how it's spelt) won't do it by e-mail, then my money went to Switzerland then was wired over to the UK it took quite a long time then I only got £95.00 back after bank charges etc I lost £45.00 don't give up!!!!!!!! :cuss

·
Registered
52 Posts
there is a way to file for eBay insurance but i don't know exactly where it is on the site...they have it up to $20,000...i got screwwed on a Hypertech Programmer for my truck one time and i ended up makeing money off of the deal from the insurance...i'm trying to get in touch with eBay to cause some A-hole left me negative feedback just cause he sucks and i left him neutral, pissed me the hell off...anyways, hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts