Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to say it's not the same bike.

Steering response is much slower. Before, I’d swear all I did was think about moving and the bike did it. Now, I have to "tell" the bike to move.

Being a new rider this isn't a bad thing. I lowered the bike 1.1” fr 1” rear. I did this because I'm 5'5" and couldn't touch the ground when stopped without leaning the bike to one side, just to touch my toes.

For a new rider this isn't a bad thing, but for someone who wants to push the bike and ride it at the track, don't do it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
im about 5'6 or 5'7 i dont know. lol but yea i have no problems holding my bike up... i dont even really have to lean it to one side when i stop. maybe im taller than i think. haha post pics up when you get a chance

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
i lowered my bike 2and 1/2 inchs front and back and when you get used to it you'll have no problem with turning it i plan on putting pics of it up soon if you want a good investment that you'll like then buy a stering damper by gpr you'll love it and like n8dawgsmu said its made to turn more than comfort

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
thatfastone said:
i lowered my bike 2and 1/2 inchs front and back and when you get used to it you'll have no problem with turning it i plan on putting pics of it up soon if you want a good investment that you'll like then buy a stering damper by gpr you'll love it and like n8dawgsmu said its made to turn more than comfort
Lowering the bike changes the geometry and drastically reduces the bikes ability to corner and reduces the total overall lean angle the r6 can achieve.

This effectively ruins the handling which is what the r6 is known for. The only reason to lower a bike is for drag racing.

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
mojo said:
Lowering the bike changes the geometry and drastically reduces the bikes ability to corner and reduces the total overall lean angle the r6 can achieve.

This effectively ruins the handling which is what the r6 is known for. The only reason to lower a bike is for drag racing.
i know that i drag my bike more than anything but i still can go 158 mph down the freeway and lean

·
Registered
104 Posts
Disturbed ACR said:
I have to say it's not the same bike.

Steering response is much slower. Before, I’d swear all I did was think about moving and the bike did it. Now, I have to "tell" the bike to move.

Being a new rider this isn't a bad thing. I lowered the bike 1.1” fr 1” rear. I did this because I'm 5'5" and couldn't touch the ground when stopped without leaning the bike to one side, just to touch my toes.

For a new rider this isn't a bad thing, but for someone who wants to push the bike and ride it at the track, don't do it.
ok well i have my bike lowered it 1.5" all around and i love it. the steering response? what r you talking about bro? You dont need to steer....you need to lean! And for---- MOJO ---you can perfectly race that bike on the track-all you need is aftermarket rearsets and you can drag your knees all day long. I really doubt you can lean as agressive as Rossi can so don't worry about lowering your bike and taking it to the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts