Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Braaaaapp Ride till I die
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine is a GM at Magic City Cycles and he came by today on Ducati's 848 evo. This bike is SAWEEET!!! Talk about some power between your legs :flex: I was trying to take it easy on the bike since it only had 400 miles on it but once he told me to get on it i sure as hell did:lmao i kno being an 848 its bound to be faster then my R6 but when we would take off it would just leave my bike in the dust! One day ill get one of these Bad A$$ Machines!!:bow:bow

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
yeah the new white with red rims is plain sex...

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
In stock trim it only makes 1 more hp than all the previous 848s... and less mid-range.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
a friend of mine is a GM at Magic City Cycles and he came by today on Ducati's 848 evo. This bike is SAWEEET!!! Talk about some power between your legs :flex: I was trying to take it easy on the bike since it only had 400 miles on it but once he told me to get on it i sure as hell did:lmao i kno being an 848 its bound to be faster then my R6 but when we would take off it would just leave my bike in the dust! One day ill get one of these Bad A$$ Machines!!:bow:bow

Ducatis are twins and R6s are inline 4's... so just because it has a higher displacement doesn't mean that it's "faster".

That's a nice lookin' bike though.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
Nice ride for sure, and wouldn't mind having one but if i went Ducati i would have to get something with the dry clutch, anything else just wouldn't fit.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Ducatis are twins and R6s are inline 4's... so just because it has a higher displacement doesn't mean that it's "faster".

:werd The inline fours often have higher top speeds though they don't stand up against the low end at all. In this case - the 848 trumps the R6 top speed as well.

Nice ride for sure, and wouldn't mind having one but if i went Ducati i would have to get something with the dry clutch, anything else just wouldn't fit.
How do you mean? :confused:

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
Any time I have talked to anyone about Ducati's something is said about the noises the dry clutch's make and and seems like a symbol of Ducati's.
To each their own. I think they're a bit overly loud with an open cover - I definitely like the bite of the dry clutch though.

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
It has benefits, but the sound isn't one them imo..
To each their own. I think they're a bit overly loud with an open cover - I definitely like the bite of the dry clutch though.
Sound is not the selling point for me, I personally think it sounds like something is gonna fly apart or explode, just merely that it is something you associate with Ducati's.

·
Braaaaapp Ride till I die
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ive been around i kno this...and all i was just trying to do is state that the 848 is a beast and thers no doubt that the 848 is FASTER then the R6 WAY FASTER!:lmao ive had the first hand experience and in a drag 848 FTW

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
dry clutch for me gotta have that nickel in a dryer sound :)

749r is my personnel fav

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
i love the sound of ducatis and their dry clutch. but the ergos of the 848 and 1098 suck imo. it feels like im stretching to reach the handle bars. i love how the streetfighter and monster feels tho. sweet ass bike tho

1 - 20 of 20 Posts