Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in discussion with my employer about moving from Europe to DC. One thing that will probably need to come with me is the race bike - race bikes can be hard to sell here, and I'm really quite fond of it. It's a 2008 R6, raced from new, never been registered (even has a few WSS and IDM scrutineering stickers on it!).

It won't be hard to find someone to ship the bike, but I'm wondering about details such as import duties, etc. Anyone have experience shipping a race bike into the US? Would it be easier to break it up and send it as "parts"?

·
Just lean harder...
887 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would think the most hassle free way to do it since it has never been registered since new is the break the bike up in 3-4 sections and ship it that way. Once here you can assembel it and not have to worry about it being a 'complete' bike as mentioned above and dealing with any issues there.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
I would say to get the most reliable information on your specific circumstance, call U.S. Customs and Border Protection and/or the EPA and see if you can get a human on the phone to answer your questions.

Even though you are fond of it, and it will be hard to sell, my guess is you will probably end up with much less of a headache to just sell it there and buy a new one when you arrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts