Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Figured I would throw this question under the suspension forum. I have a V1 ( original style ) GPR Stabilizer but I am missing some bolts and I dont know the exact size! This pertains to the bolts that go on the 2 screws that are mounted unto the crown! If that makes sense...I was hoping someone could help me with the exact size of the bolts. Another option I am looking at is running to the local hardware store and buying some there and hope they fit alright. Thanks in advance!

·
Tires tell no lies
737 Posts
All the bolts are the same pitch for the GPR. I dont remember the number, but bring the two stock bolts from your triple tree that you have to undo to install the damper. (The ones that bolt to your clip ons underneath the tree. The rest of the bolts are the same, except the bolt that goes through the center of the bracket and holds the gas tank down, that one is .5 longer that the rest.

Hope that helps. I have also found from installing the damper that it works just as well without drilling into the frame, I did drill the frame and used those mounts on my R1 for a while, and then tried it without, just using the center bolt and it worked just as well.

Just an FYI....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts