Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I bought a GPR V4 steering damper for my 06 R6 off the net & when it arrived the bracket that mounts 2 the frame has 08-R6 stamped on it.

Unfortunately I can not return it 2 where I bought it from. :thumbdown

After checking around & doing a little research on the net I came 2 the conclusion that the 06-07 & 08-09 R6 would all be the same triple tree & frame mounts for the damper.

I have installed the damper & it all went on fine, everything matched up perfectly , but the bracket that mounts 2 the frame via the fuel tank M6 Allen key bolt is tight but when the damper is set to 10 or higher this bracket flexes & seems 2 twist.

Is this normal for the GPR damper? or should I be worried & track down a replacement bracket that has 06-R6 stamped on it?

Any help & advice would be greatly appreciated. :bow

Cheers, Al. :drink

·
Registered
434 Posts
i also have a 06 R6 with the GPR V4 and never seen the year stamp on it but this is how mine looks mounted. i have never had the problem you describe. hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it all looks exactly the same as yours.

The year stamp was under the bracket that mounts 2 the frame, so 2 get 2 yours you'd have 2 take the damper unit off then remove the bracket from the frame.

Just a thought did you leave the rubber grommet that the factory bolt passed through on when you installed the bracket?

·
Faster than ur Vette, HA!
8 Posts
I just put my new GPR v4 on today, I have the same issue, cause it's only the single allen bolt holding that down and that the airbox cover is plastic, so it gives a little when the damper puts pressure on it... I guess it's normal, as there is no other mounting option :dunce:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess so, I got a bigger socket & tightened the crap out of it. I was worried about snapping the bolt or stripping it but it tightened up & isn't as loose as before. If it annoys me 2 much I will have 2 get a Hyper pro or Ohlins damper instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts