Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is tons of threads on dampeners, i did a search and didnt see anything about this subject specifically. Anyway i have been hearing rumors that the seals on the new gprv4 leak. from the sounds of it about 1/5 of these are having this problem. I know alot of guys on here are using them and i really am interested in purchasing one, but would like to know from the guys that are using them if they have had or are having any problems with this.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
everything I've heard, if you have a GPR and the seals leak, call up GPR and they'll rebuild it for you.... for free

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i heard the same thing, but i also heard that GPR only warrenties the seals for the first month, becasue they are aware of the problem. What i'm debating is if i get one off motomummy with the coupon code it's so cheap that it might be worth risking it.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
it's in their warranty.
http://gprstabilizer.com/warranty

they warranty the seals for 30 days only. We thought the leaking was done with the version 4, but in the last few weeks we have had several customers call us with them leaking. One guy bought his 2 mo ago and lived in the midwest and went to ride and saw oil all over. It was the past the gpr warranty even though he doesn't have one mile on it.

IMO hyperpro or scotts is the way to go. Just my .02 though. Pretty upsetting to hear the new version 4's are having the same issue as the old ones. For more info check this thread out.

http://www.gixxer-forum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1975

Wish I had better news about the seals :(

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
Thanks Corey!! Can you keep us up to date on this? I asked you last week about the coupon code thru moto. Decided to hold off to see how this turns out.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,723 Posts
there is nothing to keep up on. They only warranty them for 30 days and that's just all there is really? This issue has been on forums for several years now and with the version 4 nothing changed. I would recommend the scotts or hyperpro as we haven't had ONE bad seal ever on those and anyone who had a problem (other then a crash or having it be years and years old) they take care of on the house and support their product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts