Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently working on the BOLT design project at Virginia Tech where we design and build an electric motorcycle to race in TTXGP against professional teams like Brammo, Zero, Lightning, and Motoczysz. I was hoping someone here would like to help out with gps lap speed data that we can use for battery power and gearing calculations. Most useful for this season would be Laguna Seca, Miller, and Indianapolis, but any tracks you have will help. We won't share it with anyone if you're concerned about that. Current lap record at Laguna is 1:33, which is pretty quick for a 600 so the faster the lap the better. If you can help or know a place to find this data it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
What format do you need the data in?

I've got a GPS-based lap timer that I still need to get mounted up on my bike. Once I do I'd be happy to share any data I gather from the local southern California tracks (Willow Springs, Chuckwalla, Auto Club Speedway). I'm pretty slow though (mid B group track day rider) - so I don't know how helpful that'll be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can send the file in the same format that gets sent to your computer. We should be able to download the manufacturer's software from their website to analyze it. Thanks for the help. Let me know when you've got something and i'll send you my email address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts