Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick, and i do mean quick, search on this site for info on a gps unit that is supposed to make your speedo more accurate...

Can i get some info on this or someone to set me straigt on this matter?

Thanks
~Doug

·
Registered
995 Posts
its not inhancing your power so why waste your money,why spend money on something to tell u how fast u r, when u could spend it on going even faster

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a e-trek legend and i love it great for long trips into the unkown

they are very accurate when they have 4 or more sats in the sky you need at lest 3 for it to work at all. hard part is finding a place to mount them on your bike

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a gps unit for my pda, i know about their accuracy and connection types and all...

I was told that a unit in conjunction with your present electronics would correct any incorrect variablilty in your speedometer. I'm just tryin to avoid that conversation: 'But ociffer I for seriously don't know how fast I'm goin EVER!!!'

Anyone know how to make your readout (speedometer) more accurate?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
doooog169 said:
hmmmmmm, gettin pulled over?
stock speedo should be plenty for that since most everywhere the limit is at most 65 unless you're in Montana or some shit. If you are looking to track your top speed over a stretch then ya, you can splurge on a GPS. Otherwise it makes no sense to use one as an extra speedo.

But like RippeR said, great for long road trips and exploring.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's not like something that will actively make your display more accurate?

Oh well, i spose i'll just flag down a cop one day and try to get them to throw me a bone...

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
sure, it'll be more accurate when you're in 6th gear and redlining since the speedo's on '03 R6's are about 6% off at that point (more so on the older 6's). My point is, by the time the GPS becomes more effective than your stock speedo in terms of preventing a ticket, you'll be going far to fast to avoid a ticket anyways.

By no means am I saying to drive the speed limit or not to get a GPS but for avoiding a ticket, it doesn't make sense. Either way, be safe and if you do get a GPS, let us know how it works for ya.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use a Sigma bike speedometer on my tls and its very accurate. I want to get a gps someday. You can also get a yellowbox and correct your factory speedo

·
Registered
283 Posts
I hear getting a pushbike speedo can work well. They give accurate speeds up to 300km hour. and have all the trip meters distance average speed etc etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts