Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about a grand to put twords mods and just wanted to get some opinions.
I would like to get some performance and show mods.I rock a 07 candy red r6.
I have a integrated tail light "red". I am looken to go gold,red & blk. If I could get some 411 that would be sweet.:usa

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
I have about a grand to put twords mods and just wanted to get some opinions.
I would like to get some performance and show mods.I rock a 07 candy red r6.
I have a integrated tail light "red". I am looken to go gold,red & blk. If I could get some 411 that would be sweet.:usa
The List could go on forever, but for right now i'll list some of the more popular performance and show mods.

Show- Seat Cowl, HID Kit, Levers, Decals, Flush Mounts, F/E...
Performance-520 Conversion, After Market Air Filter, PCIII, Slip on Or Full Exhaust...

Of course now i decided to draw a blank, but like i said, the list goes on.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Show- Seat Cowl, HID Kit, Levers, Decals, Flush Mounts, F/E...
Performance-520 Conversion, After Market Air Filter, PCIII, Slip on Or Full Exhaust...
grips, pegs, mirrors, frame sliders, bar ends for show. and bozzo covered most of it.

ill prob do a 520 conversion and speedohealer over the winter.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gay answer brother. Truth is I picked up a second job 3 days a week to be able to do this. So give me some love and a real answer to my liking :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, don't K&N (or any performance brand) airfilters just add top end power while sacrificing midrange power? Depending on how you ride, that'll just make riding on the street worse. Track on the other hand...

Plus, what is half a horsepower gain up top going to do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, don't K&N (or any performance brand) airfilters just add top end power while sacrificing midrange power? Depending on how you ride, that'll just make riding on the street worse. Track on the other hand...

Plus, what is half a horsepower gain up top going to do?
The air filter is just "one" piece of the equation. Alone, it does very little, but when combined with a good full exhaust and a properly tuned PCIII, the improvements are HUGE!

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Gay answer brother. Truth is I picked up a second job 3 days a week to be able to do this. So give me some love and a real answer to my liking :)
Like it or not, it's one of the two answers given that are actually worthwhile. Either paying down some of the debt or going to the track are worth far more than an air filter or some shiny trinkets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say... Steering Damper, Pazzo Short levels, flush mount turn signals, integrated rear signals, fender eliminator, and a tinted wind screen. should put you close to $1000

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
put on some new rubber, gear up, and get to the track. what u learn there will make u faster and look better than any stupid little mod anyway. who knows, u might even have a good time...

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mods done deal crash at hand : (

Done deal boys I got my mods and am glad Shoguns Crash Kit was one. I was riding a 12o'clock in down town Denver and looped it at 50 + MPH. Smashed one of the new Pig Spotter mirrors (looked good but work shitty).Chewed the sliders goood after a half block slide.Was at 12o'clock went to 1 o'clock and smacked the rear light.Got a new wind screen and a Stealth 520 red like bike.EK gold powder coated chain and a speedo healer.A cover and a Two Brothers Fiber set up. The bike has some plastic damage and a broken oil pan with a replaced oil pan it will be running again. Icon Perf jacket worked beautiful and has some battle wounds and the armored CoreTEch pants worked very well. HJC helmet took it face first on my first attempt to get to my feet after rolling to my stomach but to much momentum brought me down and I smacked from chin to wind screen. New chrome screen done and chunk out of chin.Rock those lids boys!!!!!!!!!! I walked away from this with a inch of leather burn and a fixable bike. With 30 minutes to spare I made it riding bitch on the back of my buddies bike to the strip joint to pick one of the shot girls up. My boys got the Titan and took my bike to a garage. So lets hear the nagging I am ready.Oh and if u wonder if I am scared, this is the life I choose and when it's done it's done.Live it up no regrets.:usa

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
sorry to hear about the crash, man. if 12 o'clock wheelies are ur thing, u obvisouly know the risk involved and i'm not here to tell u what u should or shouldn't be doing on a bike. that's ur own business :D glad u got the money to fix 'er up tho!

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got a second jod dedicated just to the lifestyle brother :) Yes it is bound to happen and this is fully accepted. Thanks for the remorse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts