Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to grattan last weekend. just got a couple vids uploaded and thought i'd share. for some reason they seem painfully slow (i AM slow, i just don't think i'm THAT slow). anyway, here they are. saturday was clockwise and sunday was ccw. it appears that i only uploaded video from sunday so far...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
awesome track, tiring as hell tho.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
went to grattan last weekend. just got a couple vids uploaded and thought i'd share. for some reason they seem painfully slow (i AM slow, i just don't think i'm THAT slow). anyway, here they are. saturday was clockwise and sunday was ccw. it appears that i only uploaded video from sunday so far...
s3aturnr
I dunno man, looks like you rolled right around the outside of plenty of guys just fine...

Does look like a fun track though, with plenty of run-off, which is always nice.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I dunno man, looks like you rolled right around the outside of plenty of guys just fine...

Does look like a fun track though, with plenty of run-off, which is always nice.
thanks! it didn't feel slow when i was doing it. i hope that counts for something. this track is one of the best kept secrets in the mid-west. and running it counter clockwise makes it one of my favorite tracks ever.

here is a buddy of mine on the very last lap of the very last session from saturday. seriously, he was about 40ft from "miller time" when this happened. dude that started it didn't think he did anything wrong. note that it was after the checkered flag, my buddy was on the right side of the track (as you should be when you're leaving the track) and had his hand up. other rider said he didn't see the checkered flag and only decided to exit when he saw the corner worker standing at the apex of turn 3 (the exit turn). discuss...

http://youtu.be/GKBY2oE-P60

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

lol yea plenty... a few turns there if you highside right you'll end up on the other side of the guard rail - it's a bit close.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
saturn - what times were you running cw?

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
saturn - what times were you running cw?
the best i did with my friend's lap timer was 1:31.6, which was what i was running last season before i was on race tires. i have a lot of room for improvement for sure, but there are a couple of places that i refuse to go all out. the sweeper, for example. and 10a & b. if i'm gonna fall, i'd like it to be in the bus stop or turn 3.

my buddy (who i introduced to track days after i'd been doing them for a year) was clicking off 26s all day long with a couple 25s mixed in. then ran a 27 ccw. time to sabotage his bike...

what about you?

s3aturnr

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I've only been there once and it was this year with wera and had squeezed a :29 in

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
lol yea plenty... a few turns there if you highside right you'll end up on the other side of the guard rail - it's a bit close.
Hmm, I didn't catch that. Mercenary posted some race vids recently and it looked like the whole track was lined with concrete walls, so in comparison to that, it looks pretty damn good. :)

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there is some armco in a couple spots that is pretty close to the track, especially in the sweeper, but i generally take it easy thru there anyway. then, near 10b, there's some more armco, but i'd think you'd have to get pretty silly to get anywhere near it on your own. if someone punted you there it could end badly, tho...

i think i'm going back on the 6/30-7/1 weekend. anyone else gonna go???

s3aturnr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts