Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yamaha 4 Life
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to get my Ohlins damper off the front of my tank but the only kit I see available is the Graves one, which at $200, seems like an astronomical rip off.

Are there other kits available?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I've been looking at the same one man. 200 is insane. This past weekend was taking my tank off looked at triple and was like ah shit I need to remove this too :laugh but with the Graves will need to go keyless ignition also. I'm still debating

·
Yamaha 4 Life
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been looking at the same one man. 200 is insane. This past weekend was taking my tank off looked at triple and was like ah shit I need to remove this too :laugh but with the Graves will need to go keyless ignition also. I'm still debating
Couldn't agree more. $200 for a simple aluminum clamp and mount is nothing short of embarrassing. Not to mention, and as you stated, it also requires you to remove your ignition which I also find annoying.

How have no other companies addressed this? I feel like there has gotta be another option!

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Make your own, it isn't complicated.

Just so that you know: The 63mm damper that comes in the top mount kit doesn't work in the graves mount (or a replicated one). You have to have a 68mm.

·
Love my bike
1,398 Posts
You can buy the fork bracket from ProTek fairly cheap. But the one that attaches to the frame/air duct is not made buy any other company as far as I know. You can probably do it yourself. I sucked it up and bought the graves kit

·
Yamaha 4 Life
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just so that you know: The 63mm damper that comes in the top mount kit doesn't work in the graves mount (or a replicated one). You have to have a 68mm.
Good to know, wasnt aware of that. The PO purchased and installed the top mount Ohlins kit so I assume its the standard 63mm unit.

You can buy the fork bracket from ProTek fairly cheap.
Thanks, Sergio. I did actually see this for sale in my searches earlier for around $30 in a variety of sizes.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Good to know, wasnt aware of that. The PO purchased and installed the top mount Ohlins kit so I assume its the standard 63mm unit.

Thanks, Sergio. I did actually see this for sale in my searches earlier for around $30 in a variety of sizes.
Do a search on here. A guy made the other piece with a length of steel with a bend in it. It put the damper in the same exact place as the graves one. He said he used the 63mm one, but I don't see how that would work without running into the internal damper stops before running into the stops on the lower triple. You could always shorten up the steering throw by putting some bolts into the steering stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts