Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought an exhaust from a dealer on ebay. the listing was 2006-2008. am i getting scammed? is it going to work on the 2008? isnt 2006-2007 exhaust different than 2008? what should i do? i dont want an exhaust that wont work on my 08, i have not payed for the item yet and not left feedback. should i message the member?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
104 Posts
The fairing is different on the '08 so some systems are different as the '06/07 F/S touch the cowlings on the '08. I am not sure if this is the case with Graves however if they say it suits '06 to 08 I'm expect it will be okay. It will bolt-on for sure so it is just a clearance issue.

Having said that, I would not install anything other than he latest version Graves F/S as this is uppgraded from the '06/07 exhaust. The new system has added cross over tubes in the headers. The earlier version didn't.

All of this info is available on the Graves website.

·
Registered
135 Posts
did you order a slip or the full? I have the graves gp slip on my 08 and it fits fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you order a slip or the full? I have the graves gp slip on my 08 and it fits fine.
i ordered the full graves system. alright well he is aware about the fitment, and i talked to him on the phone he said hes getting a different one from graves to ship to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts