Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question guys. I always like to support forum vendors, and I was wondering who has the best price on the Graves Full SS Exhaust (carbon can)? Or should I just buy it direct from Graves?

I was thinking of putting an MJS Header on my Akra carbon slip-on, but now I'm kind of leaning on grabbing a full system and selling the Akra can. Found a few videos of the Graves full exhaust and holy sheet :YEA :bowroll

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Quick question guys. I always like to support forum vendors, and I was wondering who has the best price on the Graves Full SS Exhaust (carbon can)? Or should I just buy it direct from Graves?

I was thinking of putting an MJS Header on my Akra carbon slip-on, but now I'm kind of leaning on grabbing a full system and selling the Akra can. Found a few videos of the Graves full exhaust and holy sheet :YEA :bowroll

You can try to hit up tobefast to see if they will shoot you a deal, if not try Rdiers Discount of biohazard.

I'm getting an Akra evo soon...Well, I want an Akra evo soon...

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Carbon can and I LOVE it. But I'm not quite sure if I'll like the MJS header with it. The sound of the Graves full system (from what I can tell via YouTube), sounds sextacular :fact

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
I have the Carbon can and I LOVE it. But I'm not quite sure if I'll like the MJS header with it. The sound of the Graves full system (from what I can tell via YouTube), sounds sextacular :fact

The can is fawkin sexy as shit!!! I love it...If you decide to sell, pm me with a number...I MAY be interested.

And yes, the Graves gives off a nice sound.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that can is sexy. It's the first damn thing people see when they check the bike out. Wish I could hear the MJS header on the Akra can in person. There's not enough good videos on YouTube.

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
Also interested in price if you sell it i may be interested in well, and yea i can tell you first hand the graves full system sounds tits in person, theres pretty much always at least one R6 up at the snake each weekend with graves

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
graves = :hump

too bad they are so damn expensive. they want 1,765.95 for a full titanium system?

shieettt, rather spend my money on one of these :sing

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Akrapovic is downright sexy... But I love my Graves for the track.
Be honest...how loud is it? lol I just don't want it to be "raspy" loud to the point where I want to shoot myself when I'm riding.

Loud doesn't really scare me for the most part as I have a Cobra with no cats on it.

I saw that, but I'm wanting the Gen 2 header. If I change my mind and want to save a few bucks, I'll definitely shoot you a PM.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
Be honest...how loud is it? lol I just don't want it to be "raspy" loud to the point where I want to shoot myself when I'm riding.

Loud doesn't really scare me for the most part as I have a Cobra with no cats on it.

I saw that, but I'm wanting the Gen 2 header. If I change my mind and want to save a few bucks, I'll definitely shoot you a PM.
Not too loud. It has a nice growl to it.

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
graves is nice...isnt loud at all i think its a little louder than a leo..but if i had a choice i would go a full akra...that can is just sex!!!!

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts

What Ricky said pretty much. It's not obnoxious loud so it sounds VERY aggressive.

graves is nice...isnt loud at all i think its a little louder than a leo..but if i had a choice i would go a full akra...that can is just sex!!!!
From what I remember, Leo is much deeper

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
yes, i would spend 850 on one and use the other 900 on goodies for it.
or better yet get a better quality M4 system for $600 less. or stay with stainless and save another $300

If the construction is the same... having a stainless system isnt netting you any less power. Plus you can buy a light battery for $125 and make a bigger difference in weight

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
What Ricky said pretty much. It's not obnoxious loud so it sounds VERY aggressive.

From what I remember, Leo is much deeper
it is deeper but graves is louder when youre cruising especially when you get at higher rpms...from what i remember lol

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
or better yet get a better quality M4 system for $600 less. or stay with stainless and save another $300

If the construction is the same... having a stainless system isnt netting you any less power. Plus you can buy a light battery for $125 and make a bigger difference in weight
But then you can't tell people you have a titanium exhaust system. Which is the most important part.

If you guys think the graves is expensive, go price the Akrapovic full titanium...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Graves> anything

Not saying it because I have a titanium system. Sure they are pricey but if you find a good deal then its worth it. I found a full titanium system and elka rear shock for 900 cash. Look at the bends, quality of the welds, the diameter and weight and you'll see why all the top AMA guys are running the systems.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts