Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I want I want I want **** Im trying to not buy this but watch youtube videos of it isn't helping.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Son of a b1tch. This is tempting. Just bought an MJS SS header.

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Can that end cap be replaced? That will bug the shit out of me. You know how meticulous and clean I am with my bike lol

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
It's true titanium, just a tad bit dirty from oil.
um... did you buy this new? There is no way a Ti header is turning that brown even if you stored it in a diesel truck crankcase.

Can you make a video of you grinding it so we can see what color sparks come off it? :D

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
For a comparison, this is the what a used Graves Titanium system looks like:

(I purchased this system back in Dec. '13 for the "B" bike. I also have the same thing installed on my "A" bike.)

Sorry, but the brownish/bronze coloring of your headers would strongly suggest they are something other than titanium. Not trying to kill your FS thread, just trying to help avoid the inevitable disappointment when both parties realize they aren't. The Grave full system in stainless steel is still an awesome system ... and its still a decent price.

·
My R6 loves me
321 Posts
Can that end cap be replaced? That will bug the shit out of me. You know how meticulous and clean I am with my bike lol
I pinged graves last week and they quoted $70 for a replacement cap and they make them when to order. I'm not exactly sure how to replace it though as it's riveted. Assuming you'd have to drill and buy a hand rivet gun.

Their sales # is 800-867-6480

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Sorry, but the brownish/bronze coloring of your headers would strongly suggest they are something other than titanium. Not trying to kill your FS thread, just trying to help avoid the inevitable disappointment when both parties realize they aren't. The Grave full system in stainless steel is still an awesome system ... and its still a decent price.
yeah either OP is a completely clueless or is trying to get diamond ducketts for cubic zirconia with his "true titanium" post. :lmao

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For a comparison, this is the what a used Graves Titanium system looks like:

(I purchased this system back in Dec. '13 for the "B" bike. I also have the same thing installed on my "A" bike.)

The previous owner sold it to me as titanium. And I believed it based on the fact that the header were so light. Thanks for the confirmation.

yeah either OP is a completely clueless or is trying to get diamond ducketts for cubic zirconia with his "true titanium" post. :lmao
fortunately the difference between stainless and titanium per the graves website is not near close to diamonds and cz's :hehe

·
Needs a ride to the track
1,115 Posts
Patrick maybe ask the mods to change the title so you don't keep getting shit. Hahaha I don't thing that you can change the title on your own. at least I could not figure it out when I tried once. . sometimes good people make mistakes .

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
The previous owner sold it to me as titanium. And I believed it based on the fact that the header were so light. Thanks for the confirmation.
fortunately the difference between stainless and titanium per the graves website is not near close to diamonds and cz's :hehe
Sorry to hear that.
I would be upset if I was expecting 1 thing and got another. :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts