Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've just released a VERY NICE alternative to complete fork insert kits that allow you to change the springs and replace the caps with a trick billet assembly.

http://www.gravesport.com/Graves-Motorsports-R1-R6-Fork-Spring-Kit.html

Graves Motorsports R1 + R6 fork spring kit allows for the use of optional rate springs in the front forks, while allowing additional ride height adjustment in the front (through the use of 15mm taller fork caps). The kit comes with 2 Ohlins fork springs (choice selection), or let Graves recommend a custom spring rate for you. Ohlins springs are used since it is easy to access Ohlins springs when you need a different rate. The caps are anodized in a black finish with 5mm incremental lines in the cap for measuring purposes.

Fitment: Yamaha R1 2009-2011 + Yamaha R6 2006-2011

We will also offer technical support and setup information on these kits through the Graves Motorsports tech support forum. www.gravesport.com/forum

Installation can be done by sending your forks to our Van Nuys, California office for $150 plus oil and return shipping costs.

- Shane McCoy

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Very nice. Ride height adjustment is a nice thing to have with the huge options in tires. :fact

·
Moderator - In Memorium
3,254 Posts
Do you think those may become available for the 05 model? I'm thinking about running slicks and the only thing stopping me is I can't raise the front anymore. The Dunlop slicks are huge, and unless I raise the front it will be one slap happy bike.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
is this the spring kit that is used when doing the "respring/revalve" option that kyle mentioned to me a week or so ago? that ~$500 option? if so, i'm still leaning this way, i think.

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Agg is might be I'll defer to Kyle on that. Drop him a note at [email protected] and he'll spill all the info you need. If you want to start a setup thread on the Graves tech forum you can do that also. www.gravesport.com/forum

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just bought a set of 30mm ohlins cartridge kit, can Graves install them and how much would it cost?
Yes we can install them. Typically a front end service is $150 (where we change oil, seals etc). The team is at Daytona today tire testing but I'll ask Kyle to jump in and respond when he returns, as I'm not sure if just installing the kit would be any different to him. We also have a service where we rework the standard ohlins kit to graves spec that we use on the AMA bikes.

You can see listing and information on our racer works site: http://www.gravesport.com/Yamaha-R6-Suspension.html?page=99999 Some of the pricing might not be shown if you aren't a racing customer but we can quote some of that stuff on the phone.

How much for the kit shipped if a rider wants to do it them self?
Shipping is going to be $15-$20 typically. We base it off zip code. The website can quote shipping at checkout or you can call us anytime. The California office is closed on mondays but you can call the Georgia office to order today if you want.

Noob question. What exactly will this do for my bike? Suspension is the one part I still really need to learn about and it seems the hardest.

That can be a dynamic question but to best describe properly setting your suspension up:

• Improve the balance of the bike during corner entry, mid corner and corner exit.
  • Improve grip at nuetral throttle and small throttle openings so that the rider can commit to the gas sooner.
  • Increasing grip at extreme lean angles.
  • Prevent extreme backing in problems.
  • Prevent unnecessary wheelies.
  • Prevent pushing the front.
  • Prevent tucking the front.
  • Fixing run wide on corner exit.
  • Fixing run wide at mid corner.

Keep in mind that this is just a spring kit + cap kit so it's the first step in optimizing things. The caps will allow for proper adjustments to height when running taller race slicks as well.

Thanks for the business...

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Are valves included in this kit?.
No, this is the spring kit only. But it gives you some of the necessary adjustments and flexibility you would need before even getting your forks upgraded. Keep in mind that the first step in setting up your bike is to get the balance right. That is a huge part of how we do things here at Graves.

That being said, you can upgrade your forks for an additional $120 when servicing the forks or when we are installing the kits. We do not replace the valves when we upgrade the standard fork cartridges, but rather install a completely different setting using the original pistons. This gives performance that we are pleased with and keeps the price low for you, the end user.

It breaks down like this:

Fork service-$150.00 (plus oil)
Front spring kit-$240.00
Fork OEM upgrade-$120.00

Total for a great alternative to a complete cartridge kit-$510.00

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.