Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a deeper sound on my '08 R6. Not looking for a performance gain. The stock exhaust with the ex-up comes out like a diesel exhaust, just a constant rush of air. I want to be able to feel the punch of air with the firing of each cylinder. I plan to leave the the stock system on(header,converter). I'm thinking of either the Graves stainless steel slip on or the GYTR. Anyone have any thoughts? Will the thing back fire on decel?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
SUP DUDE! I got the GYTR on my bike for right now. It's got an improved sound over stock, no backfire on decel, but the sound just isn't enough for me, it's got a nice tune to it once you burn it in, but it's just not quite enough. I just ordered the akra full race system and hopefully it's an improvment:rolleyes:
I did enjoy my GYTR while it lasted dont get me wrong, it still set me apart from other R6's but it just aint enough. i loved it, was a great muffler, my only issue with it was water spots. The outer casing would spot up with the slightest amount of water and it would take some mothers aluminum polish for about 45 mins to buff em out. It takes away a small layer of metal, very minute amount mind you, but I want somethin that doesn't take THAT much work. I had the shiny can, if I were you'd I'd go fer dat dere carbon fiberz! :lmao

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Dude, I'm in Afghanistan right now and I wont be back for about 2 1/2 months. But I tell you what, if I was to sell it...I'd put it around $50 bucks.

But I dont see any reason to not help out a fellow R6'er. I'll give you the damn thing for free dude. No bullshit. I'd have to get my dad to take it off my bike back home. Pack it up and ship it to you. I dont know how we'd get all the details done. my email is [email protected] Shoot me an email sometime and I'll see what I can coordinate w/ my dad to get the thing sent to you.:)

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Does an 06 muffler fit an 08 pipe?

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
slips-ons are mainly for cosmetic purpose only, no power gains, very small sound increasement...get what you think is the best looking and go from there..

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I had a GYTR on my bike. They sound pretty good. I now have the Graves, although full exhaust, it's much loader.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
I have a GYTR Slip on at the moment, but waiting for my mid pipe. The sound difference isn't that different, except for a little lower pitch while idling. It its just for looks, slip ons do the job. If you want sound and power, a mip pipe or full system is def in order.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I really don't see what others see in the GYTR slip-on, I think it is the ugliest I have ever seen! I can't stand how the end cap looks, but to each his own I guess.

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
I dont know about yall but i am about to order my Two Brothers slip on for my '08. From what i hear from you tube and such the Two Brothers sounds like a flowmaster. When i put my flowmaster on my '96 camero it sounded like a bear and from what i've hear about Two Brothers it sounds the same way. From what i heard the two brothers sounds louder than Graves, Akro, and GYTR.

I am just putting the slip on now and in a year ill put a full exhaust on. $495 for the carbon fiber slip on. I think thats a bit pricey so im going to go private party to get this exhaust. :toocool:

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I dont know about yall but i am about to order my Two Brothers slip on for my '08. From what i hear from you tube and such the Two Brothers sounds like a flowmaster. When i put my flowmaster on my '96 camero it sounded like a bear and from what i've hear about Two Brothers it sounds the same way. From what i heard the two brothers sounds louder than Graves, Akro, and GYTR.

I am just putting the slip on now and in a year ill put a full exhaust on. $495 for the carbon fiber slip on. I think thats a bit pricey so im going to go private party to get this exhaust. :toocool:
Dude why? :confused: If you feel ever so inclined to pointlessly throw away money put that $500 down on a PC3 or somethin:nono, dont get the slip on now if you are going to buy the full system later...it's pointless and a waste of that hard earned dough. I've seen some sites where you can get the 2Bros full V.A.L.E. racing system for about $850:YEA, just save up some more cash and spooge for the whole thing at once, you'll feel better in the end about it...trust me:werd. I made the mistake of buyin a slip on and then buying the full akra system later. Just doesn't feel as good:lmao

·
Living between the cars
8,630 Posts
You know your right. I didnt think about it until now. Plus that system is not upgradeable. I was just going for sound but i think a full 2bro's system will give me the exact sound im looking for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts