Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these? Any comments? I just got an '03 R6 that I am setting up for roadracing.
Are there any other performance 'tircks' to this bike? Other than the usual stuff, suspension, PCIII, etc.
Is anyone using any of the kit racing parts?

Thanks--

Kim

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've heard the slide stops are not easy to put on but no personal exp.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are slide stops something I should consider for my 03. I am not racing... well not on the track anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed them myself. The hardest part is getting to the screws on the #1 cylindar. Other than that I noticed an instant increase in my throttle response. I highly recomend them. any other questions just ask and I'll try and help.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'll go by a longshot and geuss he got them from graves motorsports :stupic

:mrgreen: Just teasin

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
xr6ross said:
are those kindof like stacks?
Taken from the Graves Website.........

Graves Motorsports Throttle Slide Stop Kit has been designed to hold the throttle slides in the fully open position while increasing fuel pressure in the injectors fuel rail. The outcome is improved throttle response and increased acceleration. The kit comes complete with comprehensive installation instructions and a selection of fuel maps for the Dynojet Power Commander, to suit your specific application. (Note the Graves Slide Stop kit must be used in conjunction with a Dynojet Power Commander.)

From what Matt-R6 says, they do as advertised. Anything that helps out with throttle response and quicker acceleration sounds like a damn good thing to me...... :burnout

·
max speed
242 Posts
matt-r6 said:
I installed them myself. The hardest part is getting to the screws on the #1 cylindar. Other than that I noticed an instant increase in my throttle response. I highly recomend them. any other questions just ask and I'll try and help.
Did you find there to be any drawbacks? Rideability, on off throttle control, or anything negative :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you find there to be any drawbacks? Rideability, on off throttle control, or anything negative :?:[/quote]

No drawbacks unless pulling away from any other 600 that pulls up to you counts. Even fellow R6's. I especially love tearring apart a 636. As for the variety of fuel maps it's just slide stops with full graves exhaust Race only or street. Only downfall from that setup is I ran really rich. I have a full m4 high mount ti, Velocity stacks, pcIII. I cleared that all up by getting it dynotuned at a local dealer, check powercommander's site for the closest location to you.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm about to order mine ill let you guys know how i like
:boob em

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
matt-r6 said:
Did you find there to be any drawbacks? Rideability, on off throttle control, or anything negative :?:
No drawbacks unless pulling away from any other 600 that pulls up to you counts. Even fellow R6's. I especially love tearring apart a 636. As for the variety of fuel maps it's just slide stops with full graves exhaust Race only or street. Only downfall from that setup is I ran really rich. I have a full m4 high mount ti, Velocity stacks, pcIII. I cleared that all up by getting it dynotuned at a local dealer, check powercommander's site for the closest location to you.[/quote]

hey mat, could you post that map for the rest of us?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts