Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this is my first post to a forum, so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a 2005 R6 in red. I am looking at steering dampers, and have come across the Graves steering damper mounting kit. It uses an Ohlins damper. Has anyone used this? I cannot find any pictures of one installed (they didn't even have a picture to send me). It looks like it might be more rigid than the Ohlins mount, but I wanted to see it installed or talk to someone that had one first.

So, any experience with the Graves mount? I need an awesome damper to go with this awesome bike!

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Here's a picture of the kit

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=303

The triangle you see pictured goes in front of the tank at the two bolts that secure the tank. The round collar goes around the fork tubes and that is the point where the end "eyelet" of damer mounts up (the pencil like piece joins the two because of the offset)... We use the same setup on alot of our R6's we do at the shop but I don't have any pics on this computer to post up but here's a picture of the R1 set which is similar except that the R1 doesn't have that collar that goes on the fork tube (that end mounts on the end of the top tripple)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It occurs to me then that this kit won't fit my 05, because of the inverted forks. Now I just need to decide if the Ohlins mount is acceptable, or if custom fabrication is in order.

Thanks for the help!

·
Vendor
7,805 Posts
Guermo said:
It occurs to me then that this kit won't fit my 05, because of the inverted forks. Now I just need to decide if the Ohlins mount is acceptable, or if custom fabrication is in order.

Thanks for the help!
Drop me over an email to [email protected] with your email / contact info with a reference to this thread and I'll check for you tommorow...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts