Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just to let you all know, motomummy.com has Dunlop Q3's for $230 out the door, but you also get a $40 mail in rebate from Dunlop..of course you have to wait for it. Just got mine today. The sale is on through the end of April....I have never ran these before, usually a Pilot Power guy, but all my friends say Q3's are the shit ;)

Scott

·
your gunna love my nuts!
171 Posts
motomummy is a great company to deal with....think mine were 220 with free shipping. Best deal I could find and the q3s are a joy to ride on

·
Registered
482 Posts
I purchased them from Motomummy about 3 weeks ago. I felt $230/shipped with $40 rebate was a great deal. I just dropped off my bike to have them put on today. Hope to test them out later this week.

(FYI: Motomummy had them for $220/shipped about a month ago)

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
You guys are confused. Do some research regarding your statements.

I understand some of you are concerned about saving a buck rather than do what's right.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
You guys are confused. Do some research regarding your statements.

I understand some of you are concerned about saving a buck rather than do what's right.
What is the right thing to do? Saving money in tough economical times seems to be the right thing.

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
What is the right thing to do? Saving money in tough economical times seems to be the right thing.
Tough economical times? Just admit that you're a cheap broke fool.

I like a deal now and then.. But I don't support people with a fcuked up moral compass.

·
The R stands for Respect!
57 Posts
:popcorn: ...On topic, I bought the Q3's back in January from Dennis Kirk for $240 to my door and I gotta say, I love em! I was able to get three track days out of them along with 3 months of street riding! If I hadn't been complacent with tyre temps on my last track day I'm sure I could have gotten another month of riding and another track day.

Speaking of temps, anyone find an optimum tyre temp for the Q3's at the track? (sticky/lots of traction NOT blistering/sliding every corner) I'd like to build a tech sheet or get one from Dunlop regarding ambient temp, surface temp, hot tyre pressure.... etc. My current method is record data via trial and error with an IR thermometer which gets me pretty close to that ideal traction but if any of you have got some data, I'm all ears! :secret

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Monster,

Good question, I would like to know this also. What do you run them at on the street? I was thinking 32/36...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts