Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can order green HID lights and what kind I should get? I have a Black 2010 R6

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Why would you want green HID lights? You wouldn't be able to see anything unless it's for show.

Yellow < White < Blue < Purple

The higher up in K's you go.

Unless you get a HID kit + green tint

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
If you want the green effect, just get a green film tint for the lens.. the darker the tint though, the less light that will be available at night.. if you ride at night :sing

Last I checked, tobefast.com has lens tints.

·
My R6 hurts my Nutters
2,232 Posts
LOL why green?your not going to see crap during the night time.just get 6k from kryptonbulbs.com and call it a day

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts
i just want something no1 has! so should i jus get 6k nd tint the lens green?
Usually there's a REASON no one has certain things....:sing

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Reminds me of the guy who wanted Red HIDs because he was tired of seeing blue HIDs.

Just get the 6k HIDs and be done with it, you don't see many motorcycles on the road compared to cars. Same with HIDs compared to stock.

If you want to be different get something that won't affect your safety such as a different paint scheme, exhaust, grips, clips-ons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sometimes I see old bimmers with terrible color choice of HIDs or whatever they put there..

Staying on topic, I don't think green HIDs will look great, unless there's a specific reason and you own an green kawa, lol

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts
ur right so what do i do to b safe and different
I'd get normal color HID's and do the Audi headlight mod w/ LED strips or something. You see it a lot on the forum but def not something you see a lot in person

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
ive seen these on cars visibility isnt that bad looked the same as purple hid's...yeah pretty bad haha

pretty sure youll get pulled over by the first cop that sees you though.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
if you want green and hid's buy an HID kit, and put green leds in your headlight. So when you need the HIDs to see you'll have to visibilty, and when you want some show green lights flick on the leds instead of the hids.

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
not to thread jack or anything but i was thinking of doing yellow hids on my candy red in both low and high beams anyone have this hows visibility? i currently have 6k so i wont be doing it til those blow out or start to dim

·
Registered
558 Posts
not to thread jack or anything but i was thinking of doing yellow hids on my candy red in both low and high beams anyone have this hows visibility? i currently have 6k so i wont be doing it til those blow out or start to dim
ive seen people riding with it before ...never rode with them

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
visibility should be good. 3000k (yellow) is generally used in fogs, they are considered "poor weather" temp.

pictures are in light fog... just demonstrate why they are good for "poor" weather.
4300k vs. 3000k (looks more like 2500k)

·
Canyon Carving
458 Posts
tyvm, yea i like the visibility def gettin these next

1 - 20 of 21 Posts