Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Remember GREAT Britain . . before the days of health & safety, now its just Britain ;o)

Anyway Just a quick line to say hi from one of the new newbies.

I ride the grandad of R6s an FZR600 1989 3HE model but with a few mods . .

Braided lines front and rear
Modified plastics
JMC swinger
4" rear
polished wheels
Rear lights to LEDs
Polished alloy all round

I have just done a rear suspension swap to a 2007 R6 rear shock but am struggling at this point with some of the settings. I have a a quick look at the suspension forum but cant see a ref to the settings for the 07+ shock with the lower clicker instead of pinch wheel.

I will be posting some bits on there no doubt

Cheers for now chaps
btw I was a regular poster on the FZRArchives site if anyone has come from there.

[/IMG]

·
Moderatore Eccellente!
8,633 Posts
Awe crap, I saw "GB" in the title and was ready to lay down a Green Bay Packer's joke.

Oh well.

BTW, Welcome to the forum :)

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
woot woot brett farrrr......oh great britian...nice bike bro.! what size tires are those?
your bike looks super clean for it's age.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Green Bay Packers . . . . . :nocontrol

Its not that we are superior on our side of the pond but Green Bay Packers what do they make before they pack it up? :lmao

re Rubber
I have only done the rear wheel swap to the 4" rim from the stock 3 1/2" rim on the 89 model. Its still on an 18" outer. The skinny tyres work well with the heavy frame tho, they allow it to drop into the bends a tad quicker & come back up the same.

On the twisties I can hold my own against a lot of newer bikes including the odd R6 not in skilled hands. Its on the straight that my bhp lets me down. not dyno'd but I guess sub 80bhp so its :sleeping on the straights with a top out at about 120 on the clock

·
Ride Safe; Not Stupid
711 Posts
bears still suck.....

nice bike

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
Welcome fellow Englander!

wow nice clean bike .. I know it may be old but I think that you are being a bit hard on it saying ..

'Join Date: Jun 2008
Bike: 1898 FRZ600'

.. now that would be a classic bike :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep I think I need to edit my profile :sing

Welcome fellow Englander!

wow nice clean bike .. I know it may be old but I think that you are being a bit hard on it saying ..

'Join Date: Jun 2008
Bike: 1898 FRZ600'

.. now that would be a classic bike :cheers

·
It's all fubar
144 Posts
.. sorry, I know you've already changed your profile once, but it might need changing again .. this time adding ooh lets say about 100 years or so :D

·
Baa Whaaaaa
142 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Cheers mate! Beautiful bike & welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.. sorry, I know you've already changed your profile once, but it might need changing again .. this time adding ooh lets say about 100 years or so :D

KIN ELL

3 attempts to get that one right, wot was wrong with a 1889 fizzer anyway cept it ran on coal an wood chips instead of motion lotion :screwy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts