Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw these and think they are pretty trick. Very thin too. .10" thick versus .3" for the Schnitz Racing Covers. They'll be available in polished and powdercoated colors as well. $59.99 either thru McCoy Motorsports or thru Gregg's Customs.

On a 6

Gregg's Customs (left) vs Schnitz Racing (right)

·
Registered
831 Posts
I really like those....right now I just have zip ties in the holes from my last track day. I planned on putting my mirrors back on, just never did it. My inspection sticker is out of date, so teh mirrors will be going on soon.

-DJ1298 :boob

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I also use the zip tie method. Never got covers because I am against putting chrome on my bike, but if these come in powdercote, i may look into it.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I couldnt find them on either link

How much are they?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jasamb said:
I couldnt find them on either link

How much are they?
They're slated to sell at $59.99. It was posted on the R1 forum. Neither site has them up yet but they are for sale. I was going to cut and grind my mirrors down to make my own but as DJ pointed out, when it comes to inspection time, they are needed here in CT to pass so I think I'll go with these instead.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Ooh, i like how they are alot thinner. But i like the tuning fork engraved into the Schnitz one's. I've had mine since May and love them.
I would like to have powder coated ones though, maybe i'll do that this winter, when i get my front rim done.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna see if a jeweler can't do some custom engraving on them after they are powder coated to get a two-toned kind of effect. Thinking black powdercoated ones engraved should reveal the silver metal underneath making whatever is engraved on them stand out.......

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WooHoo! They got here tonight. I will post some pics of them and of them installed tomorrow! Bought them thru McCoy Motorsports. My thanks to Shane McCoy for his help in figuring out where they were in transit!

By the way, they are black... :YEA!

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Great!! Glad it finally came so you can post pics and see how they look!! And do that engraving you wanted to be done, that should look very trick!

It's always nice to hear anyone of us getting new toy parts for our life size toy!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gots pics but no can post them...........

........I'ma get in my bad ass honda I won on ebay and go so fast that I go back in time so I can get the rear doors back for it. maybe I'll be able to post pics of that.........

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
yea...uh....huh?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yea I answered my own question llater on..

2 things I like about this car

1) the
Kenwood Cassette Stereo
hi-tech sound system

2) the spoiler--is that wood?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Also take a REEEEAAAAAAALL good look at the Monster Tach

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jasamb said:
2) the spoiler--is that wood?
Not only is it wood, it's pressure treated so it resists rotting all the better. So, when I'm cruisin around at an extremely high speed of rate in the rain, the water won't permeate the wood and promote rot! Man, this guy thought of everything! Right down to the aluminized stainless steel mounting posts for the wing. Highly rust resistant. My first mod to it is going to make the front door into gullwing style doors ala D'Lorean.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Back to the topic at hand here, do you have any pics of the mirror covers yet? Id love to see them...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts