Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not the only one but if you have these flushmounts did you have to solder extra wire to get them to work? The other thing was how are they suppose to stay in? There is nothing to attach them too. I made a larger washer to keep them in place. Maybe I should have used super glue :mrgreen:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
okay as far as wiring goes you need to make a choice of what you want it for, turn signals or parking lights? i used mine for turnsignals, since i just did the euro parking light mod in my headlight. or you could do a combo but you will need 2 5-prong relays and some electrical connectors. its hard to explain how to wire them a wiring schematic is much easier to use.

now to secure the flushmount. did yours come with the allen head screws and washers? if not you will have to get from the guys who sold you that pair or you could run down to the hardware store. it wouldnt hurt to put a dab of locktite on threads of the bolt. wouldnt want that bolt to walk out on you. check to see if your set sits actually flushwhen you push it in the hole all the way in. the reason i ask this is because my first set i ordered was actually for an R1. it actually was set in more, wasnt flush with the fairings. i contacted Greggs and they corrected the problem.

hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts