Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Fellas,
I just uploaded the projects (pics) I had to do this week on my bike.

1: Greggs flushmounts (installed)
2: VFX pivot kit (installed)
3: CustomLEDs Integrated LED Turn Signals (installed)
4: Yamaha single seat cowl (installed)

Check out the pix on my website http://cypherone.net/ under Photo Album. Let me know what you guys think.
Next project is a blue flame exhaust. Anyone have any good/bad reviews about Blue Flame?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
damn. i'm loving your bike. hopefully one day mine will look as good as yours. when i get the money.

·
Registered
476 Posts
nice one.

where did you get the VFX Pivot Kit?

I got pulled over by a cop the other night because I had a folded dealer tag and no light for my tag. He didnt ticket or write me a warning, just wanted to run my id for warrents.

Does the VFX kit come with that led?

·
Registered
476 Posts
malice said:
Thanks guys.
Yes the VFX comes with the LEDs. Your choice of white or blue LEDs.
Heres their website http://www.vfxkits.com/pr_pivot_R6.html
Just make sure u tell them you have a 04 silver/flames (if you do) bike cause they dont have the color match listed on their website but they do have it.
Thanks for the link.
this is much nicer than just the little bracket thing I have on there now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the Dremil it was really easy to work with. Instructions were easy to follow and all went well.
Pen, do you have any other vids of your Blue Flame? Is it a slip-on or a full exhaust?
Id really like to see more vids/sound of the blue flame exhaust if you have any.
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
hey man,

nice mods!

I am getting ready to buy some frame sliders and those are really nice. Where did you get them from? I checked out lockhartphillips.com but couldn't find them. And for the swingarm sliders did you have to drill a hole in the swing arm?

Nice mods again!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a bunch guys!

penfold said:
as for my exhaust, its just a S/O. check this thread for other vids of BF can's. there is another CF can (mikeeh) and a Ti one (Rsixxr).
http://www.r6-forum.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2131
Yups I saw those. I called www.riderperformancemotorcycles.com today and they quoted me 545.00 (free shipping) for a BF Dual Port Race Can - Black Carbon fiber. I wanted the silver CF but they said they no longer make it. SUCKS!!!!...i wanted it to match my bike too.

------------------

DKode said:
hey man,

nice mods!

I am getting ready to buy some frame sliders and those are really nice. Where did you get them from? I checked out lockhartphillips.com but couldn't find them. And for the swingarm sliders did you have to drill a hole in the swing arm?

Nice mods again!
I bought them here locally @ Berts Mega Mall in Asuza. Im pretty sure you can order through them. heres their website: http://www.bertsmegamall.com/mainframe.html As for the swingarm sliders, no drilling needed. Theres already holes on the swingarm specifically made for sliders or stand holders.
Hers a site where they have the LP CF Frame sliders on sale...GOOD DEAL. http://www.cyclemall.net/carboninlay.html make sure u order the one that doesnt need cutting of the fairing.
hmm, cant find a CF swingarm, might want to check the net.
GL though and thanks evereyone for the nice comments.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
malice said:
Yups I saw those. I called www.riderperformancemotorcycles.com today and they quoted me 545.00 (free shipping) for a BF Dual Port Race Can - Black Carbon fiber. I wanted the silver CF but they said they no longer make it. SUCKS!!!!...i wanted it to match my bike too.
Thats the problem with riderperformance, they know they are the sole distributor and they rape you for it. I paid over $100 less with it delivered to my door, for a Silver Carbon 3D Dual Port race can.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Damn, it looks like you droped your bike while it was still new....I'm guessing not even 20 miles on the bike. I would wait untill you are more comfortable riding before you invest money and have it go to waist...just my 2 cents.

:cheers

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its cool...shit happens,
Dropped her when she was only 1 week old. I STUPIDLY dropped it @ a stop light. At a freakin stop too!!!!....dont really know what happened but i guess i was kinda rockin the bike side to side and all of a sudden, the weight shifted all to the right side. And b4 i can support all the weight, down she went. FOKEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! First bike too. Im not saying its a must to drop a bike being my first, but things are bound to happen to newbs like me. Im glad its only scratches, but I def feel like a retard.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
malice said:
Its cool...shit happens,
Dropped her when she was only 1 week old. I STUPIDLY dropped it @ a stop light. At a freakin stop too!!!!....dont really know what happened but i guess i was kinda rockin the bike side to side and all of a sudden, the weight shifted all to the right side. And b4 i can support all the weight, down she went. FOKEN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!! First bike too. Im not saying its a must to drop a bike being my first, but things are bound to happen to newbs like me. Im glad its only scratches, but I def feel like a retard.
I dropped mine while washing it! I was trying to move it around, and bam. It went over on the side away from me. I learned from this, and not longer move the bike without sitting on it, or doing a kickstand turn :twisted: The looks when doing a kickstand turn are too funny to stop doing it.

Nice mods, I really like those sliders now that I see them on a Flamed 04. I'm probably going to be copying those from you. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts