Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I've got a set of used 50mm Renthal clipons coming my way, and wanted to find out what grips everyone uses on the track.

Looking for something nicer that stock, which is what i'm running on my OEM clipons now.

Renthal (Soft, Medium, Hard)
Renthal Dual Comp
Driven Gel
Other?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I had renthal grips (soft) and ripped them 10 minutes after I put them on.... canyon dancer 1.0 torn them apart....

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had renthal grips (soft) and ripped them 10 minutes after I put them on.... canyon dancer 1.0 torn them apart....
So what did you end up using?

I've always gone with the standard Driven grips, i never went with anything else because i'm so happy with them
Standard meaning Medium compound?

·
230 Posts
^I have the Driven Diamond grips, which is their standard one and only sold in 1 compound, i'd say they're similar to a medium though.

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts
Rizoma Sportline.

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,747 Posts
how does the canyon dancer treat these?
Does not harm then at all, But with any grip, it does pull the end up some and I always have to re adjust it once I get where i am going. I am picking up another set of these on Friday for the R1, and at 20 bucks I feel they are a decent deal :fact and they feel good on my pillow like hands :D

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just installed some of the Renthal dual compound grips at the beginning of the season. They're really soft and super grippy. I'm already starting to see some wear, but I think it's from the plastic slider on the palm of my grip. I've always been a fan of renthals since I was riding in the dirt. I bought em from riders discount and I think they were around $15.

I think they look pretty sweet with the renthal clipons.

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Use some WD40 to slide them on and let it sit for a day. No grip glue required.
Or dish soap and water in a spray bottle. After it dries the soap becomes tacky.
It's worked for me so far.

===============

Also, i'm picking up a set of Renthal Hard grips tomorrow at a local cycle shop. I'll update the thread when I get them on.

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts