Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im new to the whole motorcycle thing, only about 400 miles total and i wanted to know how tight should i be holding the handlebars?? my natural reactions is to grip with my life, this bike is fast, but it feels better when i loosen up. any other suggestions, i think im catching on well but i have to take the safety course everyone talks so highly about.

anyone from west conn?? me and a couple of friends are looking for people to ride with so let me know

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think MSF course is one of the best learning experience that you'll find. I took it very seriously, but after 2 days of toasting myself under the sun (~90 degrees) I got sick. But I'm glad I took it.

BTW...relax with the handlebar. :cheers

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
blueR6 said:
I think MSF course is one of the best learning experience that you'll find. I took it very seriously, but after 2 days of toasting myself under the sun (~90 degrees) I got sick. But I'm glad I took it.

BTW...relax with the handlebar. :cheers
That pretty much sums it up.

1. Take the MSF course, it helps out a ton.
2. they call it the Death Grip for a reason, ok well for a few. Relax and stay loose, the bike will perform better. Use your legs (knees pressing on the tank & balls of your feet on the pegs) to hold you on the bike for the most part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts