Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I personally like how the Renthal dual compound grips feel, color is up to you **cough** BLACK **cough**

·
Stunt Rider
7,950 Posts
Black grips would look dope.

·
2012 50th Anniversary R6
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL... ya figured I should just keep them black ive seen some clear/white ones at the dealer didn't know if they would look reasonable, but I guess keeping them black is the best idea. Ty for the input lol

·
A work in progress...
13,615 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol those look nice but that price is steep lol it doesnt even come with lube for them screwing you lol i though my Driven D3 grips were expensive lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If i wanted what everyone else has id have some Renthals lol

·
IwishIcouldwritemorehere
14 Posts
If i wanted what everyone else has id have some Renthals lol
I was referred to the renthal grips by the guys at Jason Britton's shop in SoCal. I have gotten a solid year and a half out of them and am just starting to see wear on the middle knuckle section. They are thin and don't make my hands fall asleep. Maybe everyone has them because they work. I'm not sayin, I'm just saying. :swordfigh

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I just installed the Progrips 724, they look good. Can't comment on comfortability since i have not had a chance to ride with them yet. (giving the glue time to set). Ill give it several miles before i give my input on the grips. But they were cheap and incredibly easy to install if i don't like them I'll just order different ones.

Attachments

·
Get Some..!
287 Posts
I just installed the Progrips 724, they look good. Can't comment on comfortability since i have not had a chance to ride with them yet. (giving the glue time to set). Ill give it several miles before i give my input on the grips. But they were cheap and incredibly easy to install if i don't like them I'll just order different ones.
Loved my 724's. (had several sets) Super comfy and sticky too, but they wear fast.
Last set I tried were Renthal diamond mediums with average results. They chewed my Astar gloves up when new and always felt too small for my hands. I tried these after reading lots of reviews, but I wasn't a fan
I just installed driven SBK's and am liking them so far. Similar too the Driven grippy grips and renthals, just with more girth.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Loved my 724's. (had several sets) Super comfy and sticky too, but they wear fast.
Last set I tried were Renthal diamond mediums with average results. They chewed my Astar gloves up when new and always felt too small for my hands. I tried these after reading lots of reviews, but I wasn't a fan
I just installed driven SBK's and am liking them so far. Similar too the Driven grippy grips and renthals, just with more girth.
Yea they do seem like they will wear quicker than most. But there cheap enough that replacing them sooner doesn't hurt. When they do I might give driven grips a try. I like the looks of d3 but heard bad things about those grips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.