Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested in a group buy for Xenon HID conversions fro your bike let me know. These are HID conversions for bikes not the car ones. Here's the link to see. www.xenondepot.com . If anyone is interested e-mail me at ([email protected]m) I will post a group buy price soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay guys here's the scoop.

The price for the 4300K units are $200CDN shipped this includes 1 bulb and 1 balast. In order to get this deal you must e-mail me and i will give you the link and password to get the special deal. Also there must be a total of 10 orders put through before kits are shipped.

thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm down for a pair, how much in US dollars? Also, what kind of bulbs and balasts?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah how much in US dollars for the 8000 kit? I think you should repost this during tax return season when half our bikes will be in pieces abd we have money agai :mrgreen: Winter I think im gonna have High Bimmin do some angel eyes, HID and hi/lo conversion.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
15 Posts
i didn't order through this gb, i've bought from them and this is my 3rd set.

( lows and fogs for my rsx :moon )

anywho, the ballasts on these things are awesome small, i'm diggin it. after i screw with the dmv stuff, bike is comin apart and i'll be doin the re-fiittin that highbeamin does :mrgreen:

xd = :boob

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
Anything above 6000k is no good, and any company that offers over 6000k shouldn't be in the business.

·
Registered
15 Posts
well, they sell what people want.

obviously bikers didn't want a 6000 motorcycle kit, but they want the 4300 (or is it 4100), and the 8k.

In the past few years, they had the 4,5 and 6 k kits for cars.

i think they no longer sell the 5's (which i have 2 sets of and are sweeeeeet.) so it's 4's and 6's for the cars, and 4's and 8's for the bikes.

supply and demand, gotta sell what the people wanna buy :thumbsup

·
Registered
786 Posts
Are the differences in brightness (4000k 8000k) a huge difference? Some are blue, some are white, some are different no? ...... and are there differen't bulb lives for each? ..... my buddy messed around with xenons and other crap for his BMW and they seem to tweak out every once3 in a while (no long life at all)

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
The HIDs should outlast the car, I don't know what your friend was doing. Maybe it was the bulbs that were bad.

Most people that buy over 6000k are just looking for color. If you want color, you're better off just buying the 20 dollar bulbs and not blinding people on the road.

I've used 6000k which has a purple tint and loved it. My friend used a 4100k kit, which are pure white, and his were so much brighter than mine.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
WarmPepsi said:
well, they sell what people want.

obviously bikers didn't want a 6000 motorcycle kit, but they want the 4300 (or is it 4100), and the 8k.

In the past few years, they had the 4,5 and 6 k kits for cars.

i think they no longer sell the 5's (which i have 2 sets of and are sweeeeeet.) so it's 4's and 6's for the cars, and 4's and 8's for the bikes.

supply and demand, gotta sell what the people wanna buy :thumbsup
True, even if they're misinformed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Spoon said:
Most people that buy over 6000k are just looking for color. If you want color, you're better off just buying the 20 dollar bulbs and not blinding people on the road.

I've used 6000k which has a purple tint and loved it. My friend used a 4100k kit, which are pure white, and his were so much brighter than mine.
if you were to get 10,000k it'd still be brighter then a regular halogen, I'm looking for about 7000k for the brightness, and I'll stand out more, but it's still a hell of a lot more brighter then stock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.