Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I race my boy again. From 60mph'ish roll.

For part 1(about 2 months ago): The 1st time we raced it was close because I was granny shifting like a noob and with heavy back pack on. I won those races but close.

Part 2: this time with power shifting. Makes a world of difference. I pulled away slowly from the punch and going through the gears a lot faster I pulled away more. I shut down when he's a good 6-7 lengths behind.

Now, my other buddy has an 08 gsxr with full exhaust and pc tuned. His exhaust would back fire with flame lol. How do you think I would match up with him?

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts

For part 1(about 2 months ago): The 1st time we raced it was close because I was granny shifting like a noob and with heavy back pack on. I won those races but close.

Part 2: this time with power shifting. Makes a world of difference. I pulled away slowly from the punch and going through the gears a lot faster I pulled away more. I shut down when he's a good 6-7 lengths behind.

Now, my other buddy has an 08 gsxr with full exhaust and pc tuned. His exhaust would back fire with flame lol. How do you think I would match up with him?
I'm not sure. I was in the opposite boat as you. My boy had a brand new 09 R6, I had my roommates 09 GSXR with a full leo. We raced a few times and I pulled about 3-4 bikes on the R6. Now, the r6 only had about 700 miles and stock everything.

The 08-09 are the same in GSXRs. I believe it'll be a close match.

-Ant.

·
blk&ylw blk&ylw blk&ylw
188 Posts
you should be fine against the 08 assuming its a 600, i raced an 08 750 and we were damn near even when we let off.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts

pulling the clutch/closing the throttle kills drive. With practice... its definitely an added edge!
Dont know if your bike is setup with a "GP shift" pattern (1up 5 down)...but it makes those upshifts much easier and accurate. :YEA

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I did the gp shift mod. That helps too. When I raced him the 1st time it was normal shifting.
My bike is fully broken in with 10,700. My mod is only olson exhaust. :)

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
The R6 will run it in the top end. The GSXR's are quick, but the R6's have more speed and power up top

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a k7 (2007) gsxr600 all stock, and just picked up a 2008 r6 to replace it with. Seat of the pants feeling gives a slight edge to the r6 in the top end...

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I raced the guy with the modded gsxr 08(I/h/e/pc3 tune). Me = just olson exhaust system.

From a roll On 3 honks. He punched out good. He had good 2 bike length on me. I caught up and we were dead even. It was a close race. He said he had a slow shift to 4th(excuses). My mistake to get out from 2nd gear(should of been 1st) that's why he got out on me but no excuse from me. we might run again today so we'll settle this! Lol.

·
4.27sec 40yrd Dash
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and get this. When we got home he was tellign the rest of the guys he can't believe he almost lost to an R6(because rest of the crew are gsxr owners). Wtf? Does this guy know mod for mod or stock for stock the R6 is faster.

And I told him wait till I get headers, pc5 and tune. He was like "I thought your bike is modded already?" I said "no just exhaust!"...lmao.. it was priceless :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts