1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i decided to make my own race baffled exhaust.. THIS IS FOR THE R6
so i followed the same thing as the R1 baffle mod but this one had variation

started with drilling out the rivets using a 3/16 dill bit
2- got a little tricky though the original silencer wouldnt come out like the R1.. tied a rope to it and yanked it.. came right out

3- proceeded with the packing with the fiberglass packing mesh then with the wire mesh,, went to home depot and used rain gutter mesh, or gutter guard.

4- get rivet gun and put the new rivets back on

i also rigged my exup to always be open, instead of deleting it.. since the exup plate would stay close if the cables where removed.. so i crossed the cables and now it wont close and the 2nd cabled is crossed with the first so it cant move left or right :toocool:

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
IIRC the exup valve stays open when your remove the cables....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
:eek5 is this from the pressre? bcuz without the cables there no tension on the plate and its in either open or close, dnt know when riding?
The spring keeps the plate open. The cables only adjust how open it is based on the program in the ecu for the rpm you are running at. They wouldnt have it be closed all the time or you would be screwed if the servo motor failed.

EDIT: THIS IS WHY YOU LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP. You are likely to damage your servo motor by doing what you did with the cables. You know you can just remove them and leave the box hooked up, right?

:bowroll

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just confirmed this. It is open when cables are removed.
o ok.. i forgot i took my spring out
lolz, its spring loaded...its always open if you remove the cables
yeah i need to put the spring back on
The spring keeps the plate open. The cables only adjust how open it is based on the program in the ecu for the rpm you are running at. They wouldnt have it be closed all the time or you would be screwed if the servo motor failed.

EDIT: THIS IS WHY YOU LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP. You are likely to damage your servo motor by doing what you did with the cables. You know you can just remove them and leave the box hooked up, right?
dnt need the servo anyways,, getting the eliminator plug for it shortly
:bowroll
something funny? i dnt remember putting a joke on here

Error code 18 is that the servo motor is stuck. This is just FYI for the next time you turn your bike on.
kk thanks

Did you do anything to the stock cat? Or do you already have an after market header?
i have the mjs header, cat is deleted

This is full of :dunce:
you didnt have to read it then dick,, just for those who were curious
didnt see a write up on this so decided to do it

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
o ok.. i forgot i took my spring out

yeah i need to put the spring back on

something funny? i dnt remember putting a joke on here

kk thanks

i have the mjs header, cat is deleted

you didnt have to read it then dick,, just for those who were curious
didnt see a write up on this so decided to do it
Dude, chill out. You did something stupid and then posted it on the interwebz for all of us to see and make fun of. I actually think you got off rather easy on this one. I (or any of us) could have been a real asshole about it. I mean, look at it this way, you had the muffler off and the thought of looking through the fcukin thing to see whether or not the spring default is open or closed never crossed your mind.... Based on an easily confirmed assumption (incorrect one at that), you decided to do something that will not only give you an error code, but likely will damage another part of your bike. Some folks shouldnt be working on their own bikes, and I suspect that if these minor details get past you, maybe you might be one of those people, possibly....

EDIT: IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FCUK YOURE DOING, WHAT GOOD IS DOES IT DO ANYONE FOR YOU TO WRITE A HOW-TO?:bowroll

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude, chill out. You did something stupid and then posted it on the interwebz for all of us to see and make fun of. I actually think you got off rather easy on this one. I (or any of us) could have been a real asshole about it. I mean, look at it this way, you had the muffler off and the thought of looking through the fcukin thing to see whether or not the spring default is open or closed never crossed your mind.... Based on an easily confirmed assumption (incorrect one at that), you decided to do something that will not only give you an error code, but likely will damage another part of your bike. Some folks shouldnt be working on their own bikes, and I suspect that if these minor details get past you, maybe you might be one of those people, possibly....

EDIT: IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FCUK YOURE DOING, WHAT GOOD IS DOES IT DO ANYONE FOR YOU TO WRITE A HOW-TO?:bowroll
i am chill, theres a certain way to say things..
i obvisously dont know the ins and outs of this bike, or id be working for yamaha
i just thought id be nice let everyone else see the race baffle i did on my slip on, and yeah i prolly messd up on the exup thing.. but im only human.. shit happens.. so ill go and fix it right now.. i just hate when people post things on here thinking there of some higher standards. well i dont want to make this a venting thread..so take what you will from it.. and dont take this the wrong way.. ive learned alot from you guys.. and clearly im still learning. like you said.. its on the interwebs right? what do i know.. im only a noob

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
i am chill, theres a certain way to say things..
i obvisously dont know the ins and outs of this bike, or id be working for yamaha
i just thought id be nice let everyone else see the race baffle i did on my slip on, and yeah i prolly messd up on the exup thing.. but im only human.. shit happens.. so ill go and fix it right now.. i just hate when people post things on here thinking there of some higher standards. well i dont want to make this a venting thread..so take what you will from it.. and dont take this the wrong way.. ive learned alot from you guys.. and clearly im still learning. like you said.. its on the interwebs right? what do i know.. im only a noob
hey, we all come here to learn...and when we learn, usually the hard way, we use that knowledge to make others feel bad about their lack of knowledge before we impart the necessary knowledge upon them. In the future, when starting to do projects like this, I suggest that you post a thread like "will I fcuk anything up if I do this" or "is there any benefit to doing this?" You'll likely get less flameage and you'll keep from screwing yourself in the long run.

BTW: Dont hold your breath on that Yamaha job...:bowroll

Oh, and all NOOBS must die...:laugh

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey, we all come here to learn...and when we learn, usually the hard way, we use that knowledge to make others feel bad about their lack of knowledge before we impart the necessary knowledge upon them. In the future, when starting to do projects like this, I suggest that you post a thread like "will I fcuk anything up if I do this" or "is there any benefit to doing this?" You'll likely get less flameage and you'll keep from screwing yourself in the long run.

BTW: Dont hold your breath on that Yamaha job...:bowroll

Oh, and all NOOBS must die...:laugh
heh.. it sucks lol
in this case it shouldnt matter for me since im getting the plug for it anyways
right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts