Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing the grocery shopping this afternoon and just as I was coming out of the parking lot, I saw the ambulance. Then from the distance I saw a bike laid out. Tried to take some pics but my nokia n73 is slow and I just kept getting steering wheel shots; sorry guys. Well as I got closer I saw it was a black and orange suzuki gsxr. I was hoping it wasn't the one that I know - this dude that rides a 2005 750 who is a total ass on the roads sometimes.

I pulled over to check and behold - he finally ran out of luck. Gas tank was missing (didn't see it anywhere in the scene), forks were like noodles bent in two places and almost separated from the frame, front end gone, subframe bent towards the back wheel.

He was riding (lead) with some other dude, don't know him, he was on a zx9r. I asked him what happened. Story was, they were going along at about 70kph when out of nowhere the dude on the 750 pulls out fast and does a power wheelie, then 12 o'clock's it and goes bouncing down the road about 20 meters before him and the bike come to a stop just outside of a gas station. Bike is from my visual inspection beyond gone. Apparently the bike bounced off of him on the first bounce so he dislocated and broke his left shoulder and arm, and the paramedics said he had internal bleeding and broken ribs which they were afraid has impacted his lungs.

Again guys, sorry for the lack of pics, the cops wouldn't let me take any when I stopped and it was a pretty bad looking scene. I knew it was coming to him though - I don't think he wheelied on purpose. Knowing this guy, he lost control and panicked when accelerating skywards. But he had less than a year of experience and rode like he thought he was Rossi on the streets. i would often see him coming the other way in the twisties, knees dragging, riding on the shoulder or double yellow lines etc.

Now, I must admit, I drag knee sometimes when I with friends or having fun with other bikers or drivers, but at relatively low speed. This is a guy who will go 200kph on a road with a 80kph limit. Unfortunately since the police rarely pay any attention to bikers, guys like him are a dime a dozen here. I just hope he makes it out to learn from his mistakes - if he even understands that he's made one. The scene was really bad, not much blood but from the looks of the bike, he can't be doing too well.

Keep it safe guys. I hate passing bikers down, especially when it's a one-vehicle accident and you can't blame it on a cager :(

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Shame to hear, but at least now he wont be around to continue to give us a bad name...

·
Viva la Figa!!
811 Posts
sorry to hear about your friend. even if it was all his fault its still not good for any of us to go down. like you said, hopefully he learned a lesson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts