Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the mounting points, what'd you do? I drilled a hole in the windscreen and used a longer bolt than what came with the stay. I'll take a pic in the light tomorrow if anyone wants to see.

So pretty well just wondering if anyone has, or uses a better idea.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
billdozer
1,865 Posts
I basically did the same, drilling holes in the windscreen to mount the fairing stay tabs too. After a few crashes tho the tabs were broken off and now i just secure the bodywork to the fairing stay via zipties on the air intake section.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Grave's windscreens are already drilled for the correct set up. I'll try and get pics of mine later.

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I basically did the same, drilling holes in the windscreen to mount the fairing stay tabs too. After a few crashes tho the tabs were broken off and now i just secure the bodywork to the fairing stay via zipties on the air intake section.
Zipties are why I bought a new stay. Lol. I hate the Zipties I had making my stock (broken) stay work.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Zero gravity? Used by graves guys and sponsored dealer or whatever. Maybe that's what he means?

This.

Sorry should have specified a bit more. :eek:

Totally forgot about the pic. I swear I'll get it today. :bowroll

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
This.

Sorry should have specified a bit more. :eek:

Totally forgot about the pic. I swear I'll get it today. :bowroll
:laugh I was searching like crazy for a Graves windscreen. The results kept leading to zero gravity, so I figured that's what you were saying.

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
So Zero Gravity has their screens setup for the Motoholders stay?

Yes...and no. This is how I received my windscreen from my painter. When I got my Sharkskinz painted, I told him I wanted a double bubble. He orders the stuff from Graves. It is indeed a Zero Gravity, I just removed the stickers on the side. As you can tell, it's drilled perfectly for the Motoholders fairing stay.

Edit: I say yes and no because this isn't the normal Zero Gravity windscreen you'd order from a normal vendor. Now, I have no clue if Graves orders their windscreens blank (no holes), or they drill them...all I'm saying is that my zero gravity windscreen came just like this.

Attachments

·
I like corners.
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How's the clearance on you guys' brake lever perch when full lock to the left? Mine actually hits this Motoholders stay.

It could be a good excuse to get a Brembo master, but by comparing pics, it almost looks like it'd have 'less' clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts