Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's where i'm trying to get at lol, I don't have it in hand. I'm trying to find a nice shorty exhaust for my S and the gytr looks like it might fit but i'm not sure.. thanks for the input though, quikZ43

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mounts between the R6r and S are about a foot apart.
2 of my homies told me that it SHOULD fit on my 09 r6s, but i've been getting different opinions. This is my first bike and I don't know much about bikes.. just trying to make sure before I buy the exhaust and not get screwed over.

So it should fit?

thanks for the advice in advance

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I think they mean that it should slide on the exhaust pipe. You still have to secure it to a hanger. Look at the pic you posted of the exhaust. The hanger is attached to the rearset of an 08+ R6r. The hanger for your bike is attached to the rear passenger bracket. So you either would need to fab a bracket from the passenger mount all the way down, or find a way to secure it at the rearset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think they mean that it should slide on the exhaust pipe. You still have to secure it to a hanger. Look at the pic you posted of the exhaust. The hanger is attached to the rearset of an 08+ R6r. The hanger for your bike is attached to the rear passenger bracket. So you either would need to fab a bracket from the passenger mount all the way down, or find a way to secure it at the rearset.

Ok, thank you.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am about to buy this same slip on. Was this model built ONLY and specifically for the R6(r) 2006-2014+ ? This is the one i want to buy for 75 USD but it has a long i think mid pipe welded to it. I'm not planning on cutting of my mid pipe and mapping my bike so can i make this work as just a slip on?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

It looks to me like that pipe has a clamp on it where the slip on and pipe meet. You might just be able to take the pipe off and use it with your stock cat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems this exhaust was made only for the R6r though right? On the one i posted it looks like someone welded the slip on to the pipe! I assume i can rip that off or something and weld it to my mid pipe hopefully. Any advice how?
Also, ive seen videos online with the sound difference, is it really that much different with just a GYTR slip on?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Seems this exhaust was made only for the R6r though right? On the one i posted it looks like someone welded the slip on to the pipe! I assume i can rip that off or something and weld it to my mid pipe hopefully. Any advice how?

Also, ive seen videos online with the sound difference, is it really that much different with just a GYTR slip on?

I would not go welding anything to the stock midpipe or cat. I saw a clamp between the slip on and pipe so you might be able to still use it. You will need something to go in the stock pipe to extend the slip on to the higher exhaust mounting spot anyway. It will probably change the sound a bit because there will be different baffling then the stock muffler had but the sound won't change too much until you open up the exhaust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts