Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone pulled the gytr logo off the can or changed the color from blue to another color? I have a candy red and the blue will look stupid however this is the only exhaust that I think is halfway decent looking in my price range.

It looks like those rivets will just pop out but I don't know whats under there
thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:dunce:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there has to be some1 who tried it

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe not

·
:toocool
1,151 Posts
I was actually looking to get this slip on also, ppl told me its not gonna be that loud and it will barely make any hp. but at the moment its about the nicest pipe that I could afford. I think if u put it on and the blue stood out that much to were it was too noticable, that there would be some kinda paint up could go over the blue with.. or tape off the pipe and have the whole symbol painted the same color as the bike

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
i am about to put this on my 08 with the mjsperformance headers, on youtube it wasnt quiet lol it sounded awesome! i cant wait to get it. to me its the best lookin pipe besides the reacefit growler. but the racefit is 600$ lol i like it bc its so small and i have a raven so the CF can is gonna look good with my black bike

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
do you have to remove the exup with the gytr slip on?

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
yep, ALL aftermarket exhaust u must remove exup.....just the cables tho, leave the servo or u will throw an engine light, i took the exup cables off mine and i couldnt notice a difference

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have this slip on on my 06. I liked the sound it came with fine (not a whole lot louder) maybe a little bit. and slightly deeper. I wasn't 100% satisfied after a while and decided to remove the packing. It smells like it is burning for the first 40 mi or so, then its fine and deeper and a litle louder. As far as the rivets, they just come through a layer of CF that can be taken off by unbolting the hex bolts on each end of the can. undo all 6 on each side and slide it off and you can see what i mean. I love the look of mine and it sounds good. I am looking at maybe doing a midpipe and if i do, i will most likely replace the packing in there so it doesn't get obnoxious.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have this slip on on my 06. I liked the sound it came with fine (not a whole lot louder) maybe a little bit. and slightly deeper. I wasn't 100% satisfied after a while and decided to remove the packing. It smells like it is burning for the first 40 mi or so, then its fine and deeper and a litle louder. As far as the rivets, they just come through a layer of CF that can be taken off by unbolting the hex bolts on each end of the can. undo all 6 on each side and slide it off and you can see what i mean. I love the look of mine and it sounds good. I am looking at maybe doing a midpipe and if i do, i will most likely replace the packing in there so it doesn't get obnoxious.
So after removing the packing, how much louder did that make it over stock? I'm thinking of just getting a megaphone exhaust (Competition Werkes). Thanks!

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
With an 06+ r6, your not going to get much noise with a slip on with that huge cat there. Heck, I was running just the cat with no silencer for a while. Buy a midpipe, then you will get more sound. I took the honeycomb out of my headers and put a t-tuner midpipe and stock can on mine, and its louder than a lot of bikes. It sounds really good also.

·
Registered
31 Posts
With an 06+ r6, your not going to get much noise with a slip on with that huge cat there. Heck, I was running just the cat with no silencer for a while. Buy a midpipe, then you will get more sound. I took the honeycomb out of my headers and put a t-tuner midpipe and stock can on mine, and its louder than a lot of bikes. It sounds really good also.
I agree 100%. The only reason i haven't done this yet is because i don't have the extra cash to get a PC3 so i don't want to do a mid-pipe until i have that setup.

the bike sounds about the same in terms of dB as having no can on it. It is a little deeper as the can provides a resonance chamber of sorts. for example listen to all the racefits growlers that are much longer, but deeper because of the amount of space in the can and pipe to resonate and deepen the sound. best way i can describe it...

I haven't tried comp werkes, but i like the way they look too. if you get it, give feedback on the sound.

·
DILLIGAF
199 Posts
if u wanna know what ur bike will sound like with a slip on just take the stock can off and crank it up! its not loud at all. ur best bet is to get www.mjsperformance.com. either ship him your stock headers and cat and he will return it in 2 days with a professionally done race header, welded and all for 215 or just buy a set from him for 275. then ur bike will wake up!!!!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm also not wanting the bike to be too loud and I think a midpipe would put me over the edge. I bought pipes for my R1 from MJSPerformance and he does quality work. I've already looked into his header, but I'm just concerned with it being too loud.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts