Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my pipe in and have been reading all the threads on how to but I was wondering if someone could simply break it down for me... How much do I widen the pipe? What kind of clamp do I use? Is that it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yea my pipe should be in tomorrow and i need to know the same questions.I opened a thread on it before i even saw this one.I also need to know if its able to be done with the handheld pipe expander without cracking the pipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got mine for free because my stock muffler was scratched haha I lucked out.

I put it on today and they stretched it to fit over a 2" pipe. I just took it to a muffler shop and they did it in like 5 seconds for free.

It is loud as hell but I like it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds good, do you notice a performance change (for better or worse)? Or just about the same but just louder? Also, do you have a PCIII with it?

·
Registered
338 Posts
i got mine surprisingly enough from my local yamaha shop.I got the polished for 185.Now can anyone answer my question from my other thread?...Can the enlarging be done with my handheld pipe expander or will i split the pipe?

·
Registered
81 Posts
just take it to an exhaust shop. they should be able to do it for fairly cheap and you wont have to worry about splitting it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
why are you enlarging it. Mine just slipped on. I just did this last weekend.
Here are some pics

I also put on a puig db while I was at it...

·
Registered
733 Posts
By any chance can we can an audio clip of how this sounds?

·
Registered
30 Posts
anyone try to put this or any other stubby on a 03 R6? I just dont know how to attach it to the foot peg. Anyone have any pics of theirs????

·
Registered
338 Posts
you dont attach it to the footpeg it comes no way near the foot peg..i got mine on the other day and its LOUD AS HELL.I love the way it sounds.It is as close to a straight pipe that you can get on an 03.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
How is that held on there?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts