Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my friend are coming back from the dealer I bought my bike. I got a Joe Rocket Leather jacket:toocool:. We're going down the interstate, and into a 55mph construction zone, and my gosh its been like that for 2 years now, can't wait till its finished, so anyway im trying to gain some ground with my friend whose a little ways ahead of me, and all the sudden I notice a gray dot behind me, pulled off the side of the road behind a concrete wall barrier...I knew that was it, because I was going at least 70. So he creeps up behind me, turns lights on, and here I am about to get a nice little ticket. He's cool, ask me where we're going, and I said just got this jacket and now heading home. He said I was going 76, and said he could tell I was trying to catch up to my freind, haha, and I said yeah he was kinda leaving me. He checks the normal stuff, license, insurance and says he'll give me a break, but keep it slow through the construction. I apologize, and couldn't be happier. God is GOOD!

·
I eat philly cheese steak
1,417 Posts
Close call!!!!

Seemed like a nice guy.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
besides the other posters that have nothing constructive to add,

yeah close call on the ticket, be more wary of speeding next time
Honestly I wouldn't have been going 76 if I weren't trailing my freind on his Gixxer..lol. I usually go 60-68 through that zone. Ill give the cop credit, he was in a crazy good hiding spot.

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
So me and my friend are coming back from the dealer I bought my bike. I got a Joe Rocket Leather jacket:toocool:. We're going down the interstate, and into a 55mph construction zone, and my gosh its been like that for 2 years now, can't wait till its finished, so anyway im trying to gain some ground with my friend whose a little ways ahead of me, and all the sudden I notice a gray dot behind me, pulled off the side of the road behind a concrete wall barrier...I knew that was it, because I was going at least 70. So he creeps up behind me, turns lights on, and here I am about to get a nice little ticket. He's cool, ask me where we're going, and I said just got this jacket and now heading home. He said I was going 76, and said he could tell I was trying to catch up to my freind, haha, and I said yeah he was kinda leaving me. He checks the normal stuff, license, insurance and says he'll give me a break, but keep it slow through the construction. I apologize, and couldn't be happier. God is GOOD!
let me guess - I-65 through Montgomery? The troopers are way bad through there... usually unmarked Tahoes and Chargers :nono

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
let me guess - I-65 through Montgomery? The troopers are way bad through there... usually unmarked Tahoes and Chargers :nono
Your close, it was I-65 but I was right outside Pelham, making my way to Alabaster. We have our share of unmarked chargers up here too. Silver, some black, all depends. Shoot, a guy at work said he saw an unmarked G35 pulled over on the side of the road, having pulled a mustang over.:eek5

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
Your close, it was I-65 but I was right outside Pelham, making my way to Alabaster. We have our share of unmarked chargers up here too. Silver, some black, all depends. Shoot, a guy at work said he saw an unmarked G35 pulled over on the side of the road, having pulled a mustang over.:eek5
What?! A g35?? So much for the recession...

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
See, good troopers do exist! Good going, just stick to the truth and what not. The truth shall set you free!

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I got yanked on my way to bike night a couple weeks ago on my new bike. Cops were cool about it all. I wasn't really speeding, but the guy I was with was. He also runs slicks on the street. Both cops commented on the lack of tread and were like, no wonder you have 14 points!! U r wearing all your tread off you're going so fast!

Tonight my two friends had a crash into a deer at 100+.. Blew the deer to pieces. Both bikes slid 411 feet. No tickets. The cops were like, fck it man, you guys are so lucky to be joking around about it, I'm not givin you any tickets!!

So there's plenty of cool ones out there. It's no question. Some of em suck tho, but it is their job, and around here they make 65-100k.. So you can't hate on em too much!

·
Stanly the Manly
935 Posts
I got yanked on my way to bike night a couple weeks ago on my new bike. Cops were cool about it all. I wasn't really speeding, but the guy I was with was. He also runs slicks on the street. Both cops commented on the lack of tread and were like, no wonder you have 14 points!! U r wearing all your tread off you're going so fast!

Tonight my two friends had a crash into a deer at 100+.. Blew the deer to pieces. Both bikes slid 411 feet. No tickets. The cops were like, fck it man, you guys are so lucky to be joking around about it, I'm not givin you any tickets!!

So there's plenty of cool ones out there. It's no question. Some of em suck tho, but it is their job, and around here they make 65-100k.. So you can't hate on em too much!
holy crap, glad to hear theyre still with it. that sounds rough

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Nice. In my experience(on a bike) if your honest and to the point and don't act stupid the cops are great.

It's when you start trying to undermine(sp?) them like oh no sir that wheelie was cause I didn't let the clutch out right. Or I wasn't going fast you just thought I was... etc

I got pulled over 3 times, speeding, splitting lanes and a 1 foot wheelie. All times I just said, sorry, I was honest and they let me go(knocks on wood).

Edit.. Actually a trooper has never pulled me over on the bike..

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Yea I know exactly where you are talking about. Will they ever finish that stretch of road? It's been like 4 years already! But you gotta be careful going down through there. They are some sneaky bastards. I saw 2 this past Thursday when I went to Alabaster to sell my street bike.

I also got lit up on I-20 by Old Leeds Hwy. It was clear traffic and I thought for a minute about twisting the throttle a little more but decided not too. I was just cruising at about 80 mph - faster than the speed limit, but not excessive. Speed limit is 60 and then changes to 70mph. I look in my bar-end mirror and notice a Honda Goldwing on my butt. I change lanes, he changes lanes. I turn around and dangit, its a MC. He had come out of nowhere - and I know cause I always check my mirror every few minutes. He was obviously flying. He just rides my bumper for 1 mile and finally lights me up and I start to pull over and then he pulls up next to me and says "Slow down" and then takes off on down the road. I guess he was trying to see if he could spook me into running.

·
Registered
501 Posts
:dunce: haha my first ride on my bike when i got it, I got pulled over for doing a little 1 ft. wheelie cause I took off faster than I expected which made me grab the throttle more and gave it more juice, but i guess when i took off my helmet to talk to the cop I was pretty ghostly white so he just laughed at me and told me to be careful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts