Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, long story short, I was a dumbass and lost my ket while staying at my girls place. The only way to get home to my spare (all the way across the state) was to hotwire.

Touched orange to brown and blue stripe to blue stripe, she fired up and I rod her home.

Now, I soldered the wires the way they are supposed to be (orange to orange, brown to brown, blue/yellow to blue/yellow, etc...) and now the bike wont run with the kickstand down, and there is no green light on the dash when in neutral.

Anyone have anything like this happen before? I have a feeling the mall blue wires may be neutral safety or kickstand but I'm not positive. Maybe I shorted out a neutral safety switch?

Thanks for the help everyone.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The switch on the kickstand? I'm not entirely sure if the neutral safety switch is part of that or not?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
If the bike dosent have the netural light on it wont start. Unplug it and touch the wire to ground just to see if the light on the dash comes on. If the light comes on and it still dosent start your starter safty switch maybe bad.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it still runs without the neutral light, just not with the kickstand down. To start it now, I have to put the kickstand up and pull in the clutch and it starts. Then I can let go of the clutch in neutral and it stays running without a neutral light until I put the kickstand down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, it still runs without the neutral light, just not with the kickstand down. To start it now, I have to put the kickstand up and pull in the clutch and it starts. Then I can let go of the clutch in neutral and it stays running without a neutral light until I put the kickstand down.
I am having this EXACT same issue. Any resolve??? Thanks.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
It's the neutral switch. If the bike isn't in neutral (or thinks it isn't in neutral) it won't run with the kickstand down.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Behind the transmission. You should be able to see it from the back of the bike, just in front if the shock. Its a single light blue wire.

You can test it with a continuity tester to see if it's the problem.

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm assuming that since it is a single wire, power should be going to it in neutral, but not in gear?

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
I'm assuming that since it is a single wire, power should be going to it in neutral, but not in gear?
No, the neutral switch is the switch. Power always goes to it. When the bike is in neutral, the switch completes the circuit and connects to ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts